• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

Loved this episode, but I'm starting to see some problems with the show.

As mentioned, nothing was mentioned about Tyreese and company so you are left to wonder if they left or were locked up or what. Two simple, quick character lines could've addressed that.

I don't mind the tension between Andrea and Glenn. I understand it from Andrea's side as she was just traumatized. Why Glenn is being a person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed isn't written out very well at all.

Darryl's back. They should've done a close-up on that. I had to rewind 3 times to figure out what they were talking about. Those upper back tramp stamps moved my eye focus there. Should've been a close up.

I'm starting to see some issues as to why maybe there is going to be a new show runner.

The Governor is pretty awesome and I'm starting to think we may get a Governor / Michonne seen after all. One can hope at least.

Edited by 400yrs

As mentioned, nothing was mentioned about Tyreese and company so you are left to wonder if they left or were locked up or what. Two simple, quick character lines could've addressed that.

I don't mind the tension between Andrea and Glenn. I understand it from Andrea's side as she was just traumatized. Why Glenn is being a person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed isn't written out very well at all.

Darryl's back. They should've done a close-up on that. I had to rewind 3 times to figure out what they were talking about. Those upper back tramp stamps moved my eye focus there. Should've been a close up.

I'm starting to see some issues as to why maybe there is going to be a new show runner.

The Governor is pretty awesome and I'm starting to think we may get a Governor / Michonne seen after all. One can hope at least.

I'm pretty sure you mean Maggie and not Andrea

Are you ready for this....

I think Andrea was the 'zombie-bomb' driver.

BOOM!!

No.

Not even maybe, just no.

Remember the scene where Andrea is asking Milton where the Governor is? BOOM, he was already at the prison.

Also, I think you guys are looking too hard for problems with the show. If something goes unanswered, it's usually answered in the next episode or so. Don't they need to create a "hook" for viewers to want to come back and watch the next episode? :shrug:

Quick question about the zombie bomb driver.... How did he or she get the prison riot gear outfit?

I don't believe anybody wore it to Woodbury like in the comics.

It didn't necessarily have to be riot gear. It looked a lot like the padding that is worn in motocross.

Also, given the governor's stash of fully automatic weapons, it's more than likely they've plundered the stores of both military and law enforcements sites, if that was in fact riot gear.

I'm pretty sure you mean Maggie and not Andrea

Derp. Yep.

Also, I think you guys are looking too hard for problems with the show. If something goes unanswered, it's usually answered in the next episode or so. Don't they need to create a "hook" for viewers to want to come back and watch the next episode? :shrug:

A "hook?" Absolutely. Confusion? No.

Prediction: Tyrese and crew (who left the prison with riot gear???) were captured by governor and Martinez off camera and it was the girl with Tyrese that drove the walker bomb.

Quote me on it.

Sweet lord. :facepalm:

Are we having a "who can be most wrong" contest?

The only way that's the girl from Tyreese's group is if she had a Manchurian Candidate style head Job. The writers spent some nice time setting up her character. This doesn't fit at all.

Edited by comix4fun

In that case, maybe my first sentence applies to you? :shrug:

Seems that most people enjoyed the episode without confusion.

God, I hate using this phrase, but to each their own.

BOOM!!

No.

Not even maybe, just no.

Remember the scene where Andrea is asking Milton where the Governor is? BOOM, he was already at the prison.

Your opinion.

Mine is it IS her. She asked and then ran off. The GOV. did not expect the zombie-bomb. Is was not planned by him. One of us will eat our words... I'm ok if it's me.

BOOM!!

No.

Not even maybe, just no.

Your opinion.

Mine is it IS her. She asked and then ran off. The GOV. did not expect the zombie-bomb. Is was not planned by him. One of us will eat our words... I'm ok if it's me.

It's funny, I acutally thought it was her initially but I'd have a hard time figuring out why she would do that. It'd be a stretch for them to explain that one.

Can someone explain the Daryl, Merle struggle and the shirt thing?

I think there were marks or cuts on his back. I'm assuming it was some sort of abuse by their father. Merle said he had to 'leave or he would kill him'. I'm sure it was reference to child abuse.

In that case, maybe my first sentence applies to you? :shrug:

Seems that most people enjoyed the episode without confusion.

God, I hate using this phrase, but to each their own.

The show is definitely awesome. I've never complained about it and I'm not complaining about it now. I'm just saying that I'm starting to notice (without "looking for") some of the reasons that there may be a new show runner next season. I wondered why they would get rid of him and between the ambiguity of Lori's "death" and last night, I'm wondering if that's why.

The show is still awesome though. Just trying to figure out why they'd want a new show runner.

Did anybody see Kirkman's body language when asked about Lori on Talking Dead? It seemed like he wanted to say something snarky but held back. Possibly something directed toward Mazzara? Hardwick seemed to be giving him some about it now being a show with ghosts.

I'm probably more biased than others. I have felt that Kirkman has been the only creative voice holding this show together during Mazzara's tenure.

BOOM!!

No.

Not even maybe, just no.

Your opinion.

So you think she outfitted a truck with a drawbridge opening, herded 2 dozen walkers into it, not only found riot gear but gear that fit her perfectly, and was then able to get to the prison within a small amount of time and at the exact moment she did?

The gov's reaction to watching the van head towards the gates was sadistic glee and anticipation, not shock and surprise, not at all.