• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

It's funny, I generally like the book and dislike the show, but this season took one of the weakest parts of the comic and turned it into really good TV. I'm back on board for now.

I prefer the comic to the show too. I've learned to separate them and now I enjoy the show a lot more than I did when I first started watching. I do think the show Governor was better than comic Governor. On the other hand, I certainly like comic Andrea 1,000,000 times better than show Andrea. 2c

Glen is no longer believable as a character. How many times does Nicholas have to try to kill him before he does something?

And did Glen even give a reason why he needed to go outside the gate?

He was following Nicholas who had climbed the wall.

Thanks. I forgot all about that scene. I'm surprised at how many people sneak off the grounds without telling anybody. You would think Maggie would know where Glen is at all times. But I guess they are in a loose relationship. :)

Anybody think Morgan's role on the show is going to be more signifiant than it was in the book? Noah seemed to take on the comic-Morgan persona. I'm definitely looking forward to more Lennie James.

Also, this article offers up some interesting information.

'The Walking Dead' Star Lennie James: There's a Reason Morgan Went in Search of Rick

I can say that there has been an insightful incident in Morgan’s life, as there was between the [series premiere] and “Clear,” in the sense of how he lost his wife and how he lost his son. Something has happened to Morgan since “Clear.” He has come across someone who has had a profound effect on him, and we have seen the results of that effect, and what it has done to Morgan, and the path that he’s trying to walk, and the reasons why he has gone in search of Rick.

This 1.5 million view YouTube video makes me rage!!!! :pullhair:

(5) oh yeah, I'm sure Glenn worked at an Arizona car dealership!!

(6) Laurie doesn't die early on. She dies in issue 48. If anything Shane dies early (issue 6)

(9) The video claims TWD comic pre-dates George A. Romero's films!

(10) I admit it's interesting to think how Rick stayed alive in a comma for so long. But you can't perform scene analysis from when Shane visited Rick. Shane didn't necessarily visit Rick immediately before the Apocalypse break out.

(10) I admit it's interesting to think how Rick stayed alive in a comma for so long.

I hear it's because during that period he had a healthy colon.

I think you misunderstood what they said.

The narrator mentioned that in the walking dead universe Romero's films don't exist, thus they came up with their own names for Walkers.

I think you misunderstood what they said.

The narrator mentioned that in the walking dead universe Romero's films don't exist, thus they came up with their own names for Walkers.

You are correct. They never said "made yet". Ooops.

Edited by revivedrevival