• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Message board nostalgia.

362 posts in this topic

Competitiveness about who writes better con reports raises the already inestimably high nerd bar for this board.

Only if somebody cares and is competing.

:baiting:

No. Sean is the anti nerd. He is singlehandedly trying to propel this forum into it's Bronze Age. The old glory-days nerds are resisting, insisting that the Golden Age is not yet over.

It's going to get ugly. Who will win?

Will some old timer, who has stayed low key for nearly a decade, from 2002 rejuvenate and re-inspire the masses towards a yet unforeseen and previously unknown glory, or will the young, brash, quickwitted upstart have his way and bring in this new order that many have been resisting for some time now?

Only time will tell.

Bugaboo tried, and lost. MajorKhaos tried for much longer, and lost. Comic books and nerdiness are inexorably intertwined, and no amount of sensible mainstream humor or ideas can stop the natural force of nerddom. :sumo: Plots will continue to be nitpicked and tiny paper flaws will continue to be scrutinized. OCD is an unstoppable force. :preach::insane:

Anyone else missing something or glad something else is gone?

Things I miss:

• informative debates chocked full of incredible knowledge

What would you like to debate about, sir?

I miss those too. I don't get in the mood to debate grading and restoration like I used to, but even when I do, it usually doesn't go very far.

Be careful, James. Dav can be a tricky one.

What does that even mean? (shrug)

To answer your question, I don't want to debate anything. I want others to. :wishluck:

Then I can read it and learn things. More heat delivers more peeks and leaks. (thumbs u

There's been one gigantic glowing oddity across all comic book messageboards since day-one. CGC, STL, PriceGuide, doesn't matter. It's this:

Think of all the marketing entities in this hobby. Then think of all the experts they employ. You can go to their various websites and read through all the bios. It's like an army of knowledgeable and skilled comic book brainiacs. Retailers, eBay, Grading services, Auction venues, and Restoration services, all staffed to the hilt with experts...

And yet, oddly enough, it's usually some collector noticing something weird through a computer monitor that saves someone else's bacon. How truly bizarre is that? Logic would have it completely the other way around.

But, stranger still, it's what messageboards do best. Or did best.

I miss Davenport posting more. I miss all the old NOD guys posting more actually...

Me too (thumbs u

I miss Davenport posting more. I miss all the old NOD guys posting more actually...

Me too (thumbs u

lol

Hey, talk about nostalgia :cloud9:

I miss NIK also, but I'm fortionate enough to get to see Tracy, Jonny and Celia. It's amazing how much I see of Nik in the kids. Specially Jonny he is a amazing person just like his father. And I could never say enough about Tracy very strong woman a great mother a just a wonderful human being. And I'm not sorry to say that is all I miss!!! Peace

Things I miss:

I miss those too. I don't get in the mood to debate grading and restoration like I used to, but even when I do, it usually doesn't go very far.

It means you are a menace to good order and discipline. lol

Things I miss:

It means you are a menace to good order and discipline. lol

No, that's not what it meant at all. It was actually a joke.

Furthermore, I think the rest of his post is very informative. What he basically said was that he wants to gather knowledge from the boards, but he wasn't really interested in participating in the discussion that leads to that knowledge coming forth. I have known quite a few relationships like that. Where someone gives and the other only takes. It usually ends up in divorce... and people wonder how division lines get drawn.

Things I miss:

To answer your question, I don't want to debate anything. I want others to. :wishluck:

Then I can read it and learn things. More heat delivers more peeks and leaks. (thumbs u

There's been one gigantic glowing oddity across all comic book messageboards since day-one. CGC, STL, PriceGuide, doesn't matter. It's this:

Think of all the marketing entities in this hobby. Then think of all the experts they employ. You can go to their various websites and read through all the bios. It's like an army of knowledgeable and skilled comic book brainiacs. Retailers, eBay, Grading services, Auction venues, and Restoration services, all staffed to the hilt with experts...

And yet, oddly enough, it's usually some collector noticing something weird through a computer monitor that saves someone else's bacon. How truly bizarre is that? Logic would have it completely the other way around.

But, stranger still, it's what messageboards do best. Or did best.

We nerds of now, staring into our modern-day palantir stones............., Behold the Eye of Greggy!!!

palantir.jpg