• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Message board nostalgia.

362 posts in this topic

Anyone else missing something or glad something else is gone?

Things I miss:

• informative debates chocked full of incredible knowledge

What would you like to debate about, sir?

I miss those too. I don't get in the mood to debate grading and restoration like I used to, but even when I do, it usually doesn't go very far.

Be careful, James. Dav can be a tricky one.

What does that even mean? (shrug)

It means you are a menace to good order and discipline. lol

No, that's not what it meant at all. It was actually a joke.

Furthermore, I think the rest of his post is very informative. What he basically said was that he wants to gather knowledge from the boards, but he wasn't really interested in participating in the discussion that leads to that knowledge coming forth. I have known quite a few relationships like that. Where someone gives and the other only takes. It usually ends up in divorce... and people wonder how division lines get drawn.

Man, you're hilarious. lol That's some pretty creative spin. :applause:

About the "only takes" BS... I've had my rare moments of board contribution. Remember that ST 128 Ewert coffin-nail? I found and posted the matching scan that confirmed a trim was applied, game over Mr. E..

Remember that Northland Hulk Annual where a foremost pedigree expert "forgot" it was a pedigree when it was re-submitted to CGC, when it was unpacked upon return, when it was scanned for eBay, when the eBay auction text was written, and when it was shipped to the new owner? Well, lets just say a board thread helped jog some dormant brain cell, helped reinstate the book's actual lineage.

So, yeah, it hasn't been "only takes". If I had something helpful to add, I did.

About the "only takes" BS... I've had my rare moments of board contribution. Remember that ST 128 Ewert coffin-nail? I found and posted the matching scan that confirmed a trim was applied, game over Mr. E..

Remember that Northland Hulk Annual where a foremost pedigree expert "forgot" it was a pedigree when it was re-submitted to CGC, when it was unpacked upon return, when it was scanned for eBay, when the eBay auction text was written, and when it was shipped to the new owner? Well, lets just say a board thread helped jog some dormant brain cell, helped reinstate the book's actual lineage.

So, yeah, it hasn't been "only takes". If I had something helpful to add, I did.

^^

And, before anyone asks, I have contributed absolutely nothing to these boards, with the exception of nonsense, idiocy and tomfoolery, in 28312 posts. I did, however, enjoy every damn one of them.

:acclaim:

^^

And, before anyone asks, I have contributed absolutely nothing to these boards, with the exception of nonsense, idiocy and tomfoolery, in 28312 posts. I did, however, enjoy every damn one of them.

i might change the order, but other than that you pretty much nailed it.

^^

i might change the order, but other than that you pretty much nailed it.

First thing I've nailed in a long, long time.

Good lord, man... that’s some serious MBA (message board addiction).

How does one accumulate 28,000 posts in 4 years, anyway?

You need to read this...

http://sevencastles.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!7C5A2F3DB6C97D9A!12286.entry

I don't know, Mitch, too much time on my hands at work, a quest, nay, a thirst for knowledge, the need to alleviate boredom. Who knows anymore? I wish I could blame it on the alcohol, but I can't.

I don't know, Mitch, too much time on my hands at work, a quest, nay, a thirst for knowledge, the need to alleviate boredom. Who knows anymore? I wish I could blame it on the alcohol, but I can't.
You finally found people who would talk to you? :baiting:

Well, I guess I was wrong, I just don't belong

But then, I've been there before

Everything's all right, I'll just say goodnight

And I'll show myself to the door

Hey, I didn't mean to cause a big scene

Just give me an hour and then

Well I'll be as high as that ivory tower

That you're livin' in

A little limerick to rekindle some of that old fashioned forum nostalgia...

Those wonderful boys from the NOD

on a mission to uncover fraud.

Though seeking out pressing

instead were undressing

and inspecting each other's bod.