• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Message board nostalgia.

362 posts in this topic

:hi:

I'm sorry, who are you again? hm:baiting:

:gossip:

I'll take that to mean you're a viscous spreader of innuendo, rumor, and questionably circumstantial evidence. (tsk)

In other words, MY HERO! :luhv:

Thick and creamy... :eek::sick:

:hi:

I'm sorry, who are you again? hm:baiting:

:gossip:

I'll take that to mean you're a viscous spreader of innuendo, rumor, and questionably circumstantial evidence. (tsk)

In other words, MY HERO! :luhv:

Thick and creamy... :eek::sick:

Heh oops, clicked the wrong word in the Chrome spellchecker :blush:

I really, really miss the days of Hammer. He brought a flair of drama to these boards that has been sorely missing. Say what you will about the guy, and I agree with all the critisisms, he was in class all by himself.

Taking threads into directions that no one else has, he could be throwing out bits of vast knowledge of comics one minute, then spitting venom about how he was Master of the Universe and we are all his disiples, we should be bowing to his GREATNESS, tremble with fear for he was "juiced" up to 250lbs. He would take a simple disagreement over the smallest detail and elavate to record highs (or lows, depending on your POV). -

Whatever he was, whether he was contributing to a thread with some value, offering Supapimp $50,000 to met up and "rumble" or throwing his overflated feelings of narcissism upon us, he was ALWAYS amusing....It's too bad he decided to use his intellegence for evil and not good....

I could go into all the things I don't miss (gman's blatant flipping, the "crash" threads, the "Ewert-gate threads ad nauseum).....

But, I won't go there...Instead I want to focus on our dearly departed Hammer/Comic-Keys/Rojo/Danny/Richard Koos...... meh

Yep. The challenge to "meet under the 59th street bridge at midnight to teach someone a lesson" stuff was really great reading.

I miss Hammer..he was entertianing "You wanna impress me? Show me some of your books!"

I don't miss...really much of anything on these boards,they are a bit boring and it's one lame thread after another.. I don't care about about threads regarding your dog, how much weight you've lost or your new baby or your beachfront property that you bought or any other OT thread talking about a bunch of nothing that doesn't have to do with comics at all...There is a water cooler for that, put it there.

Agreed. Hammer was in a posting class by himself, and he didn’t hesitate to take on mindless acolytes.

He made for some great reading -- entertaining and informative.

Don’t get me wrong. The SOB was crooked as hell...

DD.jpg

lol

I too miss Nik

I miss enjoying comics (cause I dont enjoy them right now, Im sure it will change eventually)

I miss going to shows, as I only made Heroes this year

I miss my friends

I miss RedHook before he went round the twist

I miss coming on here and enjoying the hell out of this place. Now, i just check PM's mostly

I dont miss RedHook after he went round the twist

I dont miss CapFreak

I dont miss the soap box that people got on, yours included, when pressing was being discussed

I dont miss Mark Zaid and his holier than thou attitude

Gee, that's strange because I miss you. :cry:

I've often lost sleep at night pondering where our relationship went wrong. It is a burden some of us must live with. Sigh. :eyeroll:

I removed what I said. It just isnt worth the time. Not tossing stones on this one Marc, but we both have better things to do than toss barbs at each other for no reason.

Mea Culpa, im stopping it on my end.

Arex, I agree 100% which is why you'll never find that I started anything with you. All I did was respond accordingly, which given your initial post I would think most people would find to be quite reasonable under the circumstances.

Believe me, I have neither the interest nor the time to respond to barbs or throw them. And I don't plan on starting now either.

If it stops here, it stops forever. (thumbs u

I too miss Nik

I miss enjoying comics (cause I dont enjoy them right now, Im sure it will change eventually)

I miss my friends

I miss coming on here and enjoying the hell out of this place. Now, i just check PM's mostly

I dont miss CapFreak

I dont miss the soap box that people got on, yours included, when pressing was being discussed

I've often lost sleep at night pondering where our relationship went wrong. It is a burden some of us must live with. Sigh. :eyeroll:

I removed what I said. It just isnt worth the time. Not tossing stones on this one Marc, but we both have better things to do than toss barbs at each other for no reason.

Arex, I agree 100% which is why you'll never find that I started anything with you. All I did was respond accordingly, which given your initial post I would think most people would find to be quite reasonable under the circumstances.

Believe me, I have neither the interest nor the time to respond to barbs or throw them. And I don't plan on starting now either.

:thumbsup:

I too miss Nik

I miss my friends

I dont miss CapFreak

Hey, Mark... I didn’t know that you still lurk these boards. :shy:

He was banned. He didn't leave willingly.

Ahhh yes the Revenge against Goonchild plot...

Wish the Mods would let Brad back. He had meltdowns sometimes, but possesses a lot of knowledge and passion for the Hobby.

He sold me my first FF when I first returned to collecting three years ago :cloud9:

I too miss Nik

I miss my friends

I dont miss CapFreak

Hey, Mark... I didn’t know that you still lurk these boards. :shy:

I stumble over into the General Section every once and awhile when Borock buys me too many scotches! :slapfight:

I miss the time when the only Brit posters were me, kiltman and comicmankev

WTF?? :censored:

Yeah, I think he might have missed somebody. :whistle:

Yeah, I still miss Anfield Fox aka Matt. :(

Awww nice to be missed :shy:

How could I forget AF? doh!

I've thought about him quite a bit. Have any of you Brits that are still here ever met him?

I miss the time when the only Brit posters were me, kiltman and comicmankev

WTF?? :censored:

Yeah, I think he might have missed somebody. :whistle:

Yeah, I still miss Anfield Fox aka Matt. :(

Awww nice to be missed :shy:

How could I forget AF? doh!

I've thought about him quite a bit. Have any of you Brits that are still here ever met him?

I've not met him, not certain other Brit boardies have...