• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Message board nostalgia.

362 posts in this topic

I really, really miss the days of Hammer. He brought a flair of drama to these boards that has been sorely missing. Say what you will about the guy, and I agree with all the critisisms, he was in class all by himself.

Taking threads into directions that no one else has, he could be throwing out bits of vast knowledge of comics one minute, then spitting venom about how he was Master of the Universe and we are all his disiples, we should be bowing to his GREATNESS, tremble with fear for he was "juiced" up to 250lbs. He would take a simple disagreement over the smallest detail and elavate to record highs (or lows, depending on your POV). -

Whatever he was, whether he was contributing to a thread with some value, offering Supapimp $50,000 to met up and "rumble" or throwing his overflated feelings of narcissism upon us, he was ALWAYS amusing....It's too bad he decided to use his intellegence for evil and not good....

I could go into all the things I don't miss (gman's blatant flipping, the "crash" threads, the "Ewert-gate threads ad nauseum).....

But, I won't go there...Instead I want to focus on our dearly departed Hammer/Comic-Keys/Rojo/Danny/Richard Koos...... meh

Yep. The challenge to "meet under the 59th street bridge at midnight to teach someone a lesson" stuff was really great reading.

I'm not going to wax poetic about the halcyon days gone by, but I will say I do miss seeing Nik post on a regular basis, dam60's posts and involvement in the comic community, less arguing and more substantive conversations, and that "new" feeling that I had when I first came across these boards and the rush.

I'm not going to wax poetic about the halcyon days gone by, but I will say I do miss seeing Nik post on a regular basis, dam60's posts and involvement in the comic community, less arguing and more substantive conversations, and that "new" feeling that I had when I first came across these boards and the rush.

I miss Dam60 (Dave) too. And you can add BronzeBruce. I found him extremely knowledgable, intelligent, and interesting to read.....A good guy for sure. His presence is missed.

Man, you're hilarious. lol That's some pretty creative spin. :applause:

About the "only takes" BS... I've had my rare moments of board contribution. Remember that ST 128 Ewert coffin-nail? I found and posted the matching scan that confirmed a trim was applied, game over Mr. E..

Remember that Northland Hulk Annual where a foremost pedigree expert "forgot" it was a pedigree when it was re-submitted to CGC, when it was unpacked upon return, when it was scanned for eBay, when the eBay auction text was written, and when it was shipped to the new owner? Well, lets just say a board thread helped jog some dormant brain cell, helped reinstate the book's actual lineage.

So, yeah, it hasn't been "only takes". If I had something helpful to add, I did.

^^

And, before anyone asks, I have contributed absolutely nothing to these boards, with the exception of nonsense, idiocy and tomfoolery, in 28312 posts. I did, however, enjoy every damn one of them.

:acclaim:

i might change the order, but other than that you pretty much nailed it.

First thing I've nailed in a long, long time.

hahahahahahahahahahaha. but you nailed the rejoinder, my man!!!!

I miss you, Billy Parker. What conventions are headed to in the future?

minneapolis, oct 15th weekend, or something like that. the tall geek and i will be up with our two minnesota geeks for the weekend.

And you can add BronzeBruce. I found him extremely knowledgable, intelligent, and interesting to read.....A good guy for sure. His presence is missed.

He still posts, just not often. Saw him post a few weeks ago.

:hi:

I'm sorry, who are you again? hm:baiting:

:gossip:

I'll take that to mean you're a vicious spreader of innuendo, rumor, and questionably circumstantial evidence. (tsk)

In other words, MY HERO! :luhv:

I miss Hammer..he was entertianing "You wanna impress me? Show me some of your books!"

I don't miss...really much of anything on these boards,they are a bit boring and it's one lame thread after another.. I don't care about about threads regarding your dog, how much weight you've lost or your new baby or your beachfront property that you bought or any other OT thread talking about a bunch of nothing that doesn't have to do with comics at all...There is a water cooler for that, put it there.

I miss Hammer..he was entertianing "You wanna impress me? Show me some of your books!"

I don't miss...really much of anything on these boards,they are a bit boring and it's one lame thread after another.. I don't care about about threads regarding your dog, how much weight you've lost or your new baby or your beachfront property that you bought or any other OT thread talking about a bunch of nothing that doesn't have to do with comics at all...There is a water cooler for that, put it there.

I would comment upon your ennui, but I'm too bored to. :blush:zzz