• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CNBC article on the most valuable comics

22 posts in this topic

I wonder where they are getting their "value numbers" for NM copies. The AF 15 looks price looks close to the NM value but action 1 for one million in NM....maybe 10 years ago(8.5 just sold for 1.5 million). And why is the Detective worth 75 percent more than Action 1.

action 1, grade for grade, is more valuable and more sought after than tec 27...that part of the list is just wrong...regardless of our opinions, the market is very clear on that (thumbs u

Nostomania, credited along with CGC as the source of the info contained in the article, has different numbers on the their home page:

Detective #27 - $3,570,000

Action Comics #1 - $3,320,000

Nostomania, credited along with CGC as the source of the info contained in the article, has different numbers on the their home page:

Those are off, too, but at least they're not completely random, like the numbers quoted in the article.

Any list that has Action #1 in any position other than #1 is flawed. I don't like it, being a Batman fan, but I'm not delusional, so Action #1 is #1 until there's some evidence to the contrary.

Those are off, too, but at least they're not completely random, like the numbers quoted in the article.

Any list that has Action #1 in any position other than #1 is flawed. I don't like it, being a Batman fan, but I'm not delusional, so Action #1 is #1 until there's some evidence to the contrary.

Agreed