• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stan Lee experience at Fan Expo Toronto (lots of pics!) More pics added

40 posts in this topic

So today I got to meet my hero Stan Lee at Fan Expo 2010!!!! :cloud9:

Thanks very much to Hobby Star as they really pulled through for us that bought the Stan Lee package. (worship)

We bypassed the long line for signatures, the long line for the photo opp AND most importantly got to hang with Stan at a local bar/pub down the street from the show.

Stan is an incredible person and a real trooper to have worked so hard all day. He was VERY busy all day from what we saw yet still took time to take pictures with almost everyone who wanted to at the bar and chit chat a little.

I had my Avengers 4 (former CGC 7.0) signed and Marco had his X-Men 1 poster signed (soon to find a home in his basement).

Also like Andrew (drewincanada), Desert Wind will be arranging for Joe Simon to sign it as well in October. :wishluck:

Can't wait to take my daughter for her to experience the show tomorrow and sit down to listen to more of Stan during his "Spotlight" at 1:00PM.

Marco getting his poster signed...

IMG_2576ss.jpg

IMG_2580s.jpg

IMG_2582.jpg

IMG_2586.jpg

Me giving Stan my Avengers 4 and getting a fair bit of chat time with him....

IMG_2591s.jpg

IMG_2592s.jpg

IMG_2593s.jpg

IMG_2594s.jpg

VERY HAPPY!!

IMG_2595s.jpg

IMG_2596.jpg

IMG_2597.jpg

IMG_2599.jpg

IMG_2600.jpg

IMG_2601.jpg

IMG_2602.jpg

IMG_2604.jpg

IMG_2606s.jpg

IMG_2607s.jpg

IMG_2608s.jpg

Me at the bar with Stan!

IMG_2609s.jpg

Marco with Stan

IMG_2610s.jpg

CANADIAN BEER! eh!

IMG_2613sss.jpg

GUESS WHAT HE SAID HERE??? CLASSIC!!!

IMG_2614s.jpg

IMG_2615s.jpg

She wanted his signature on her HIP so Stan HAPPILY obliged her....

IMG_2616s.jpg

IMG_2617ss.jpg

IMG_2618s.jpg

IMG_2619s.jpg

IMG_2620s.jpg

IMG_2621s.jpg

IMG_2623s.jpg

IMG_2624s.jpg

IMG_2625s.jpg

With Rafael (OneAsian) who forgot his camera!

IMG_2626ss.jpg

Awesome experience and pics! It makes me feel badly for the other thread (drewincanada) where he got moved so quickly by Stan that he couldn't even say Hi. But great story.

Thanks for sharing

Awesome experience and pics! It makes me feel badly for the other thread where the forum member got pushed quickly by Stan that he couldn't even say Hi. But great story.

Thanks for sharing

Or dressed as a bar maid and Stan would have signed his hip for free with a smile.

(:

Awesome experience and pics! It makes me feel badly for the other thread (drewincanada) where he got moved so quickly by Stan that he couldn't even say Hi. But great story.

Thanks for sharing

Yes I was with Andrew and saw he went through pretty fast.

For general signatures the line was quite massive and I think it went so fast to accomodate the people.

That, and he had some bad luck cause most people I saw got a second or two with Stan while he signed their stuff.

Stanley looks lit, hes not going to sign it, hes just grading it. 7.0?

He probably does not remember the last time he ever brought his own drink. Its awesome to see him going out with the fans, great report.

IMG_2626ss.jpg

rewind 50 years

"Ok, see, so ...he gets bit by a hampster....wait,no...a cockroach, darn it...a spider...yeah that will work, hey give me another...Ok so there is this spider see..."

Stanley looks lit, hes not going to sign it, hes just grading it. 7.0?

He probably does not remember the last time he ever brought his own drink. Its awesome to see him going out with the fans, great report.

Thanks Doc, it was great to see you again!

Bruno, your Stan experience looked fantastic! Glad it worked out so well. How many beers did Stan have, and how long did he stay at the pub "meet and greet"?

As you know, I was just behind Marco at the signing. There was one person between Marco and me. If you'd panned your camera a little more to the right, I would have been in frame.

Wow, thanks for posting like four pics with me and Stan Lee in the frame! (I guess it's cool that you're in there too...I guess). And, getting to watch Stan work it is amazing how much time, patience and love he clearly has for his fans.