• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mile High Red Raven #1

20 posts in this topic

$500k, though I recall him mentioning at the show that with a discount code you could get it for $50k less.

$500k, though I recall him mentioning at the show that with a discount code you could get it for $50k less.

I no longer get those secret codes emails. I have signed up numerous times and they always exclude me. I guess I am banned for life. Darn shame, I could have used a 50K discount on that book!

Can you use the 50K discount on some other book?

I do believe the term is "black-balled". I am unable to do any business with the Mile High folks. Too many returns of over-graded books to the "mothership."

The question is will Chuck actually auction the book without a reserve because its probably only worth $50K.

It is certainly worth more thank 50k.

Stephen

Easily worth more. (thumbs u

The question is will Chuck actually auction the book without a reserve because its probably only worth $50K.

Stephen

hell, my little 7.0 slight is worth about 50 g's, tho' i'd cut 10% off for a boardie, WITHOUT a discount code!

It is certainly worth more than 50k. A high grade unrestored Red Raven is a pretty special thing.

Stephen

I won't disagree with that, it defintely will get a premium for being a Church copy but didn't the old 9.0 copy you guys had listed have a list price of $35K?

Stephen

hell, my little 7.0 slight is worth about 50 g's, tho' i'd cut 10% off for a boardie, WITHOUT a discount code!

What?!? And miss the chance to use "Hello, PAL" as the discount code words??? :makepoint:

(tsk)

Stephen

What?!? And miss the chance to use "Hello, PAL" as the discount code words??? :makepoint:

(tsk)

you know me too well, PAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hee hee.

Ok so I just looked at GPA and the 9.0 actually only sold for $25K in 2008. I'm curious as heck as to what everyone feels is FMV value for Chuck's book? A Human Torch #1 CGC 9.4 has a tough time reselling for $100K so while a Red Raven #1 is a little more rare this copy is not a 9.4 so I figure the range has to be somewhere around the $50K [but what do I know (shrug) ] with perhaps a maximum of $100K? Thoughts?

Stephen

(tsk)

you know me to well, PAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hee hee.

Billy if you throw in your Hello Pal copy for free the deal is off!

Ok so I just looked at GPA and the 9.0 actually only sold for $25K in 2008. I'm curious as heck as to what everyone feels is FMV value for Chuck's book? A Human Torch #1 CGC 9.4 has a tough time reselling for $100K so while a Red Raven #1 is a little more rare this copy is not a 9.4 so I figure the range has to be somewhere around the $50K [but what do I know (shrug) ] with perhaps a maximum of $100K? Thoughts?

I would harbor an estimate in the neighborhood of $80K. I really doubt that the book would break $100K (shrug)

I would harbor an estimate in the neighborhood of $80K. I really doubt that the book would break $100K (shrug)

Would be interesting to see. Harder to guess then other copies with it being the Mile High copy. Also one of the few Mile High's never to hit the market. I say $100k just because its the Mile High and someone out there always seems to have to much money when these books are offered for sale.

Would be interesting to see. Harder to guess then other copies with it being the Mile High copy. Also one of the few Mile High's never to hit the market. I say $100k just because its the Mile High and someone out there always seems to have to much money when these books are offered for sale.

and one of the VERY few timely mile highs to hit the market. i'd bet it would break 6 figures.

and one of the VERY few timely mile highs to hit the market. i'd bet it would break 6 figures.

Good point, never thought of that. Love to own a Church Timely.

Good point, never thought of that. Love to own a Church Timely.

here's as close as i'm likely to come--i just look at the code and pq and tell myself they forgot to type the ped designation when they slabbed it.

there have been several s'hero church timely's sell on h'tage over the years. run a "timely mile high" search on archives and you'll see 'em all ['timely church" search will miss a bunch of 'em]. i've never come close, as they go HIGH. even the first few miss america mags, which she is in.

bp19.jpg