• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

One More Time : Which Surfer Is Better???

12 posts in this topic

Two Silver Surefers #11. They both have razor corners, awsome spines, the back covers are white and perfect. The page quality on the second one is a little better, but the color gloss on the first is fantastic.

What do you think?

First One: surfer_1.jpg

I like number two better due to the bottom edge being cleaner. The first copy is nice, but there is a little roughness on the bottom of the cover.

Just my 2 Cents popcorn.gif

that was my original thought as well. upon further inspection, i can find what i believe are 2-3 spine tics on #2 and there appears to be a crease (or is that a hair) running from the R in surfer to the edge of the book.

i vote for #1............. cool.gif but they're both very nice. i love that 18 issue run - there were a bunch of great covers.

I like the first one better. The second one has a greater accumulation of visible wear. Both nice books though. I'd say 9.2-9.4 on the first and 8.5-9.0 on the second. thumbsup2.gif

Even though #1 has more wear on the bottom, I would definently say #1 is much nicer because of #2's stress marks on spine, colour break by the R in surfer and the edges are sharper on #1, also #2 has more cover wear on the book and #1 looks much cleaner and brighter.

BTW, they are both lovely books thumbsup2.gif