• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

C2E2, March 18-20, 2011, Chicago, IL.

390 posts in this topic

I hate to disappoint my legion of fans, but there will be no Gingersauce @ C2E2. I will be in Vegas, suckas. :banana: I'll see everyone @ WWC, hopefully.

:sorry:

Dialing the suicide hot line.

DR.X

Get lucky once or twice and you get cocky. :baiting:

:signfunny:

That sounds like a fortune cookie!

Hotflips Jeff say: You can pick your friends and you can pick your nose, BUT, you cannot pick your friend's nose.

Happy New Year!!

Well if memory serves me correctly. C2E2 was in the middle of April in 2010. So it looks like they move it up by a month. But I am not sure if Wizard had already announced there dates before then or not. But I wouldn't be surprised if Wizard was the one who announced after C2E2. Thay have done that before, stepping on another cons dates. They did that to the C2E2 and the New York Comic Con last year as well. It seems Wizard likes to get into a pizzing match with Reed Expo who runs the C2E2 and New York Comic Con shows.

Thanks Transplant - yes Mr. Adam Hughes is coming. Also Musician/Creator Claudio Sanchez of the band Coheed and Cambria with his company Evil Ink Comics are one of many to come. Hang tight guys.

Con dates - You can throw a dart at the calendar and hit a con just about any given weekend. We try to avoid being on other con dates but we have to take what we can get and for Chicago Comic & Entertainment Expo we wanted to be in the newer part of the McCormick Place campus, closer to the Red light-rail, and closer to parking. Lakeside was cool but a haul and a little confusing.

from our blog mediumatlarge.net

Walking Dead at C2E2

Our favorite new show this year was hands down AMC's, The Walking Dead. Since we love it so much, we decided to bring The Walking Dead to C2E2 this March!

We are revved up to announce that Laurie Holden (Andrea) and Norman Reedus (Daryl), stars of The Walking Dead will be appearing on Saturday and Sunday of C2E2. This show is filled with savagery and horror that makes for one thrilling viewing experience. They will be doing Q&A panel as well as signing for fans.

The Walking Dead is based on the Eisner Award winning graphic novel series illustrated by Tony Moore, who will also be appearing at C2E2!

Don't forget to keep checking C2E2.com for the latest guests! We'll continue to add new names all the way up to the show. Did you see we added J. Scott Campbell, Skottie Young and Tyler Kirkham?

Evangelion and Spike Spencer!

Evangelion at C2E2! With Special Guest Spike Spencer! Wowza! Neon Genesis Evangelion is a saga that redefined Japanese animation when it was released in 1995.

This story of a boy and his robot defending the world from hell-bent Angels dives down a rabbit hole of conspiracies, symbols, prophecies and fractured psychology and anime's never been the same since. In 2007, Evangelion changed and challenged the anime world again with the releases of the first in a series of feature films presenting a new and sometimes shocking take on the saga.

This year sees the release of the second Evangelion motion picture and C2E2 is now proud to announce it will host screenings of the Evangelion 1.11 and prior to its DVD release date, Evangelion 2.22 films. We're very excited to reveal Spike Spencer, the voice of series protagonist Shinji Ikari will be in attendance to introduce the screenings and speak about his body of work!

Spike Spencer, a voice actor for over a decade, has given voice to hundreds of characters in anime and video games. Beyond Evangelion's Shinji can be heard in Bleach, Vampire Knight, Code Geass, Nadesico, PreTear, Buso Renkin, Tales of Vesperia, Star Ocean 2, BlazBlue and many others. What a guy!

C2E2 will host a spotlight panel on Spike's work on Friday, March 18 and Spike will introduce C2E2's screening of Evangelion 1.11 and present a Voice Acting Workshop on Saturday, March 19. On Sunday, March 20 Spike will introduce Evangelion 2.22 and conduct a Q&A after the screening. Spike Spencer will conduct autograph signings throughout the weekend, signing Evangelion 2.22 posters made available to attendees exclusively at his autographing events.

Saturday Night Masquerade

Ready to marvel the city of Chicago with your stupefy costume on stage? Why not take a shot to show us how amazing you can be!

The C2E2 Masquerade is taking place from 6 to 9pm on Saturday, March 19 in the Skyline Ballroom in the West Building of McCormick Place.

Our Saturday Night Masquerade will be a costume showcase that is part fashion show and part talent show with prizes on the line. Did we just say prizes? Yes! The Masquerade's winning team takes home prizes from our contest's sponsors and $1,000 in prize money!

The C2E2 Masquerade is your chance to have your costume and talent recognized in front of thousands of fans. To participate in the C2E2 Masquerade, you must fill out the electronic Masquerade Registration Form and submit it to C2E2 by 11:59pm Central Time on January 30, 2011. Check out the ground rules and get your creative engines ready because you have a Masquerade to enter!

Want to strut your stuff for in different type of contest? Besides our Saturday Night Masquerade, C2E2 is having four Costume Contests spread across all three days for fans to get up on stage, show off and maybe take home a prize or two. All costume fans are eligible to participate in C2E2's Friday, Saturday and Sunday contests, with our Kids Costume Contest reserved for attendees 12 and under.

Diamond has announced that the 2011 Retailer Summit will be held in Chicago in conjunction with C2E2 in March:

Retailer Summit 2011: Connecting with New Customers

What can comic book shops do to expand their customer base? What can retailers and suppliers do to attract new customers? That's the focus for this year's Diamond Retailer Summit: Connecting with New Customers.

The Retailer Summit is headed back to Chicago to be held as a two-day event, March 17-18, before Reed Exhibitions' C²E² Show.

The Diamond Retailer Summit will be held inside the Chicago McCormick Place Convention Center, in close proximity to this year's C²E² Exhibit Hall. The event will kick off with Retailing Workshops, Publisher Focus Groups, and an Opening Night Reception on March 17. A Keynote Breakfast with Platinum sponsor presentations is slated for Friday March 18.

This year's Summit makes it as easy as possible to save money and attend two great industry events in one place! Retailers who attend the Summit will be admitted FREE to the entire run of the C²E² Show Friday, March 18 - Sunday, March 20.

In addition as a Summit attendee, you will be given a special Summit "Coupon Book" for giveaways, raffles, sales and limited edition items from many of your favorite publishers who will be exhibiting at the C²E² Show.

http://summits.diamondcomics.com/public/

Well if memory serves me correctly. C2E2 was in the middle of April in 2010. So it looks like they move it up by a month. But I am not sure if Wizard had already announced there dates before then or not. But I wouldn't be surprised if Wizard was the one who announced after C2E2. Thay have done that before, stepping on another cons dates. They did that to the C2E2 and the New York Comic Con last year as well. It seems Wizard likes to get into a pizzing match with Reed Expo who runs the C2E2 and New York Comic Con shows.

Wizard announced their March 2011 date just as their March 2010 show was winding down so Wizard did indeed have their date set first.

I'm still on the fence on whether to stay in my hometown Toronto or visit my next favorite city Chicago.

:frustrated:

Wizard announced their March 2011 date just as their March 2010 show was winding down so Wizard did indeed have their date set first.

I'm still on the fence on whether to stay in my hometown Toronto or visit my next favorite city Chicago.

:frustrated:

Come to C2E2, I still owe you a beer. Plus if you don't go my wife says she's staying at home.

Looks like I might actually has some cash again this year for a con, but only one. Should I got to this one or Wizard?

I'm thinking I wanna get some onsite done but C2E2 will have better selection of books right?

hm

Looks like I might actually has some cash again this year for a con, but only one. Should I got to this one or Wizard?

I'm thinking I wanna get some onsite done but C2E2 will have better selection of books right?

hm

To be fair..if C2E2 is anything like last year, Wizard will have more of a selection. Don't get me wrong, I liked C2E2, but I found a heck of a lot more stuff at WW 2c