• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Slab Pro?

80 posts in this topic

Saw a banner for something called Slab Pro on the main CGC page. Has anyone tried these, they look to me like something my wife has around her cell phone.

I would post a link but I dont think that is allowed.

Yep, just a silicone bumper for the slab...not worth $15 IMHO.

I liked the UV protection they claimed to have on another product but when I wrote them about it asking some questions...no response.

No response = no sale

Yep, just a silicone bumper for the slab...not worth $15 IMHO.

I liked the UV protection they claimed to have on another product but when I wrote them about it asking some questions...no response.

No response = no sale

Silicones do have UV resistance, but I'm not sure they would partially or completely block the UV rays to protect what is behind them. I would hope they would have documentation to show that they do.

Hey Mark 1...I see your post and I apologize if nobody got back to you, but we did not receive your email. We have been posting on the CGC boards and answering questions since our site launched. Please feel free to post any questions on here for everyone to see or contact us again.

As far as a "silicone bumper", please allow me to take the time and explain the benefits. Along with added protection for the cases, Slab-Pro makes it easier to display your comics on any shelf. So many people complain about only being able to buy a certain type a shelving (the ones with the indent), well, Slab-Pro will prevent your graded books from slipping off shelves.

Stacking puts strain on the comic cases. With Slab-Pro, the rubber silicone between the books relieves the pressure and allows you to stack your books without cracking. Using our rubber silicone while shipping will also prevent damage to your cases while in transit.

Lastly, our colors coincide with the grading labels allowing you to categorize your books. Slab-Pro can be used to personalize your comics and also enhances the colors while giving your book a new sleek look.

Please do not hesitate to ask any questions.

Thanks!

Manloney414,

Thanks for your inquiry.

After months of research we found our manufacturer which presented us with a clear protector with 99% uv protection. Of course this does not mean your comic can be in the direct sunlight, but for many collectors that enjoy displaying their comics, this will be beneficial for comics in indirect sunlight.

Our protectors will be in by the end of September.

Feel free to contact us with any of your concerns. We will be more than happy to explain our products.

As a FYI...We will be at New York Comic Con booth # 2700. We'd love to see our customers there and present our products in person.

Thanks!!

What a money maker. If there's alot of anything out there in collectionville, it's slabs. And Im sure this product will do well with such a susceptible market.

I won't be buying them anytime soon, but that's not saying they aren't a good idea as far as slab protection goes as I am sure they are especially useful 4 those who like 2 display their books.

Just can't believe it took 11 years 4 someone 2 figure this moneymaker out!!!!

Guess we should be thinking outside of the box a tad more often than we do.........

Hey Mark 1...I see your post and I apologize if nobody got back to you, but we did not receive your email. We have been posting on the CGC boards and answering questions since our site launched. Please feel free to post any questions on here for everyone to see or contact us again.

As far as a "silicone bumper", please allow me to take the time and explain the benefits. Along with added protection for the cases, Slab-Pro makes it easier to display your comics on any shelf. So many people complain about only being able to buy a certain type a shelving (the ones with the indent), well, Slab-Pro will prevent your graded books from slipping off shelves.

Stacking puts strain on the comic cases. With Slab-Pro, the rubber silicone between the books relieves the pressure and allows you to stack your books without cracking. Using our rubber silicone while shipping will also prevent damage to your cases while in transit.

Lastly, our colors coincide with the grading labels allowing you to categorize your books. Slab-Pro can be used to personalize your comics and also enhances the colors while giving your book a new sleek look.

Please do not hesitate to ask any questions.

Thanks!

WTTB

lol

Thanks!!!

We speak to people all the time, but we don't know who is with the message boards. We have been listed under the advertising section of the boards since our site launched. We do currently have a promotion for the CGC board members that expires Sept. 10th.

BUY 2 GET 1 FREE. All you have to do is add 2 Slab-Pros to your cart and in the checkout theres is a section underneath payment that says "Optional". Once clicked a text box appears. Just type "CGC" and specify the color of the free Slab-Pro you would like.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks!!!

We speak to people all the time, but we don't know who is with the message boards. We have been listed under the advertising section of the boards since our site launched. We do currently have a promotion for the CGC board members that expires Sept. 10th.

BUY 2 GET 1 FREE. All you have to do is add 2 Slab-Pros to your cart and in the checkout theres is a section underneath payment that says "Optional". Once clicked a text box appears. Just type "CGC" and specify the color of the free Slab-Pro you would like.

We look forward to hearing from you.

{;¤{)

Rich