• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cap #30 in NM ?? Help

15 posts in this topic

This Captain America Comics #30 is stated to be in NM condition. What grade do you think it is?

Cap 30 CGC'd??

It looks like it's been slabbed and the scan has been cropped. Look at the back cover on the bottom right.......... Is that a CGC case?

If it is, and it's in NM....wouldn't you want to show the label?

I REALLY want this book, but I am confused. confused-smiley-013.gif

I think it's a 7.0, although as a GA book, CGC might grade it a 7.5. It has a lot of creases on the back left edge, some spine stresses, plus some corner chips and edge chips on the front. Still a nice book, but no way is it NM.

This Captain America Comics #30 is stated to be in NM condition. What grade do you think it is?

Cap 30 CGC'd??

It looks like it's been slabbed and the scan has been cropped. Look at the back cover on the bottom right.......... Is that a CGC case?

If it is, and it's in NM....wouldn't you want to show the label?

I REALLY want this book, but I am confused. confused-smiley-013.gif

I would be very leary of this auction - he states he is not a collector but suddenly has a lot of high grade items. He also does not take Paypal and he wants payment in 3 days. Something is not right.

Yikes! Yes. Stay away.

I would be very leary of this auction - he states he is not a collector but suddenly has a lot of high grade items. He also does not take Paypal and he wants payment in 3 days. Something is not right.

I emailed him, and he states it's not in a CGC case, but it IS in a "plastic sleeve"? rolleyes.gif

Perhaps I should email him back wishing him many good seafoods and sucessful anticipations with his dealings in various foreign countries and bank accounts!! 27_laughing.gif

"HI-

thanks fo ryour interest-yes two money orders are of course fine. I suggest

you go and look at the disclaimer i=at the bottom of my auction. The comic

book is presently not in any slab,however it is in a plastic sleeve. If you

are looking for a "CGC" comic book this is NOT THE BOOK FOR YOU. I do not

know anything about "CGC" and just learned about them Ebay, unfortunatly

cannot deliver you a book in one of their graded cases becuase I do not have

one. I do not blame you for wanting one like that though-and good luck in

getting one.

thanks."

I emailed Mr. Geppi. This is not unethical on my part to do so. I am doing this in the best interests of fairness and to a fellow comic fan.

I emailed Mr. Geppi. This is not unethical on my part to do so. I am doing this in the best interests of fairness and to a fellow comic fan.

I somehow don't think Mr. Geppi is going to be taken by this scammer...but please let us know what he says. What are you telling/asking him anyway? confused-smiley-013.gif

I think he's just trying to sound important by throwing Geppi's name around. On topic, that book is definitely slabbed. I'm assuming it's restored and that's why he's not disclosing that it's already graded. Guy's an insufficiently_thoughtful_person. It would not have taken much to break it out before scanning it. Unless he hijacked the image and doesn't even own the book.

I think he's just trying to sound important by throwing Geppi's name around

I have been friends with Mr. Geppi for almost 30 years. Your post is extremely insulting and out of line. 893naughty-thumb.gif

CAL