• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FF 1 9.4

144 posts in this topic

Well the bidding is already past $60,000! 893whatthe.gif

There goes my joy bid. I'd be too scared to break the reserve now...

Anyone think it might break $125,000 or even $150,000? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif You don't seriously believe JP would actually put a reserve on this book that is anywhere close to reasonable, do you? I don't think he's actually sold anything since creating his new eBay ID...seems like he just wants the publicity of showing off these books.

I heard this week that JP's backing down off the $1 million price tag for the Marvel Comics #1 Pay Copy...anyone hear anything about this? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Gene

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif You don't seriously believe JP would actually put a reserve on this book that is anywhere close to reasonable, do you? I don't think he's actually sold anything since creating his new eBay ID...seems like he just wants the publicity of showing off these books.

I heard this week that JP's backing down off the $1 million price tag for the Marvel Comics #1 Pay Copy...anyone hear anything about this? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I saw something about it. It would make sense as it's not really a million dollar book and even JP doesn't want to sit on a six figure investment forever.

My guess is a reserve of 150K, which wont be hit.

but I agree its just a "try" to sell it at a big number... like a 100 dollar glass of lemonade.

Whats everybody think its worth?

Whats the highest a 9.4 has sold for to date?

I could only imagine what the 9.6 would go for, but I'll guess for the 9.4 copy (reserve not met) $122 K. Jay wants too much for his stuff. I don't understand how he can run a profitable business in comics.

I know this....if I won that book (which is soooo not gonna happen), I don't think I'd want it shipped priority mail. I'd spend the extra 400 bucks and get on a plane and pick it up in person. Insured or not, it's pretty irreplacable.

Since the 9.4 AF15 sold for 122K, I would think Parrino would want/need/insist on shattering that mark, but th equestion would be which book would you want? The first Spidey or first FF? Which book is "worth more now, an dlong-term.

Personally, I feel the Spidey will win the footrace as "most valuable Marvel" even though FF#1 came first.. Not thatan FF#1 in 9.4 willever be dreck!!