• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FF 1 9.4

144 posts in this topic

I was sent this ebay email from a buddy who was bidding on it

Please be aware that auction:

in which you were a bidding participant, has been ended early by eBay for violating one or more of our listing guidelines.

Because the auction was ended early, you as a bidder are not required to complete the transaction. Since this is a listing violation, the seller is free to relist the item in the proper format. Should you wish to do so, you are free to bid on the item again if it is relisted.

If you care to review our listing guidelines for a better understanding of our auction policies, they can be found at:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/listing-ov.html

Please feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns you may have on our existing policies.

Regards,

Fantastic Four #1 CGC NM 9.4 1961 - PCGS - NGC (Customer Support)

Trust and Safety Department

so...what was wrong?

OR, what if the seller had no real intention of selling (just in it for the attention and advertising) and was afraid that the reserve might actually get hit?? devil.gif

It was definitely an administrative cancellation. Sellers can't make auctions totally disappear like that.

I was told that a BSD powerseller reported the auction for spamming because the auction was for FF1 but had other characters in the description like green hornet jla etc. IMO that is absolutely ridiculous and is just another example of EBAY corporate not having a clue as to what goes on in their own marketplaces and listen to a BSD who is crying because? 893whatthe.gif

I was told that a BSD powerseller reported the auction for spamming because the auction was for FF1 but had other characters in the description like green hornet jla etc. IMO that is absolutely ridiculous and is just another example of EBAY corporate not having a clue as to what goes on in their own marketplaces and listen to a BSD who is crying because? 893whatthe.gif

I hate keyword spamming, so I can't say I'd be upset to see such a high profile auction pulled because of it. I would be really surprised if that were the reason, though. I always report keyword spammers and 99/100 they get off with no penalty. Because of that, I can't imagine that eBay would pull this lot, which they might possibly have made thousands of dollars on, based on keyword spamming alone.

It's Gone!

confused.gif

Key word spamming my ars! 893frustrated.gif

Those books he had up are the real deal and there isn't a true blue comic collector out there who wouldn't mind one of those showing up in his search every day so they could look at it and drool.

And these are the same people who won't do anything about those insufficiently_thoughtful_persons selling FVF $10 books with "CGC it" in the title!? foreheadslap.gif

PCGS - NGC

I think that that having these grading services mentioned in the title itself was the problem with the listing. The CGC graded comic had nothing to do with either coin grading service, so it fell under the rules of keyword spamming. No items are being offered in that auction that are PCGS or NGC graded so according to Ebay policy, it had to go.

JP is smart. He included them so that searches on NGC and PCGS would list this book, giving him more exposure to the coin collectors on Ebay (as if they don't already know who he is and of his fabulous inventory.

It's Gone!

confused.gif

Key word spamming my ars! 893frustrated.gif

Those books he had up are the real deal and there isn't a true blue comic collector out there who wouldn't mind one of those showing up in his search every day so they could look at it and drool.

And these are the same people who won't do anything about those insufficiently_thoughtful_persons selling FVF $10 books with "CGC it" in the title!? foreheadslap.gif

That's what's frustrating to me about it. Try to get them to take down "cgc it" or "cgc ready" and it's a no-go. But this auction they pull. 893frustrated.gif

That's if they DID pull it for that. I still have a hard time believing that they did.

Key word spamming my ars!

And these are the same people who won't do anything about those insufficiently_thoughtful_persons selling FVF $10 books with "CGC it" in the title!?

I seriously doubt that a comic hobbyist would have been the one to complain. Don't forget, JP is very reknowned in the coin and currency hobby, his #1 claim to fame. He was probably ratted out by a Coin collector/dealer whose search for NGC or PCGS graded coins turned up this comic in their results.

ACTUALLY...

I've never had an administrative cancellation on one of my auctions but I BELIEVE they refund all your fees if they do cancel one. That would save him big $$ on a high reserve auction.

I don't think they do.

ACTUALLY...

I've never had an administrative cancellation on one of my auctions but I BELIEVE they refund all your fees if they do cancel one. That would save him big $$ on a high reserve auction.

Actually I think they have to refund the listing fees if they don't complete their end of the user agreement by running the auction to completion.

Yes!

I just checked!

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/listing-want-ads.html

The Insertion Fee will be automatically credited for any listings ended administratively by eBay.

acclaim.gif

My first posting on this board. Comic fan for years and after a long hiatus I started buying up the classic Marvel oldies that I couldn't afford when I was a kid. Anyways..

Could this listing have been pulled because it was still being advertised on JP's website? Isn't that a conflict?

My first posting on this board. Comic fan for years and after a long hiatus I started buying up the classic Marvel oldies that I couldn't afford when I was a kid. Anyways..

Could this listing have been pulled because it was still being advertised on JP's website? Isn't that a conflict?

Kinda like the Thrilling #41 Mile High that's has bids on both the Link and Heritage?

Welcome to the boards, Silver Surfer!