• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BAD SUBMISSION DAY!!!!!

20 posts in this topic

Yeah... even purple label 0.5s are cool when they are Golden Age DC... thumbsup2.gif

There's actually a MUCH, MUCH worse submission day out there... but I have snipes placed on some of the books, so I won't reveal it at this time... smile.gif

I'd never sell a book that was slabbed .5 because of a missing page. I would crack it and sell raw with full disclosure of what was missing. To me there's just too much prejudice associated with a .5 label that will scare bidders away. I think the seller would get more bids by listing it as a raw incomplete, and giving an idea of the grade had it been complete ('book otherwise in Good condition' or whatever).

This is not winning any prizes either...

TT Marvel

Larry

[!@#%^&^]!

Oh well... I guess I will have to fight all of you for my prizes now... mad.gif

And yes, I really do have snipes set on ALL of those auctions... sumo.gif

And believe me, that TT guy's submission day was FAR worse...

The guy with the restored Golden Age will still get value for his books and clearly will get back his grading fees. This guy's Iron Mans won't even get CLOSE to getting his grading fees back...

Looking at the rest of his selling list, it's obvious he is a certified coin seller who knew nothing about comics and assumed it was a good idea to slab them to get the true value... ooops...

TT Marvel

Larry

[!@#%^&^]!

Did you inquire about this?

"Shipping charges are based on final selling value."

Scared me off. Sounds like the sort of phrase a shipping profiteer would use to set you up. "Shipping will be $20 for that $2 book you won..."

893frustrated.gif893whatthe.gif

TT Marvel

Larry

[!@#%^&^]!

Scared me off. Sounds like the sort of phrase a shipping profiteer would use to set you up. "Shipping will be $20 for that $2 book you won..."

That might mean he charges exact shipping and won't know the insurance level until the final bid is in. confused-smiley-013.gif

TT Marvel

Larry

[!@#%^&^]!

Gee you're right... No one should bid... He's going to overcharge on shipping... No one here should bid on these auctions!

It's no use... I can't tell a lie... at least not about that... I did email the seller and got confirmation of a very reasonable shipping charge for the books I win. Did that before I placed my snipes... thumbsup2.gif

But seriously. No one here should bid on these auctions! smile.gif

TT Marvel

Larry

[!@#%^&^]!

Gee you're right... No one should bid... He's going to overcharge on shipping... No one here should bid on these auctions!

It's no use... I can't tell a lie... at least not about that... I did email the seller and got confirmation of a very reasonable shipping charge for the books I win. Did that before I placed my snipes... thumbsup2.gif

But seriously. No one here should bid on these auctions! smile.gif

What will you do if we do? confused-smiley-013.gif

lighthouse, I really had >no< idea!

Larry

lol It's alright... It's not like this group is going to somehow miss a seller who spent $29 a book to slab 25 books that are worth $4 each... word would have gotten out anyway... tongue.gif

But I really do have snipes set... sumo.gif