• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mystery Lot

132 posts in this topic

hurumph, i never stumble into anything good like this. congrats though, while some here are no doubt looking down their nose at these readers, some of them don't look too bad and that's a serious haul for $50. do you think you have $500 in there or do the books look worse in person?

apparently my next door neighbor is sitting on a bunch of comics her husband set aside from when they had a variety store in the 80's...he saw people collecting them, so he figured he would keep issues he was selling on the rack. she sounded pretty excited about them, but I had to talk her down a bit and explain that 99% of the 80's stuff just isn't worth much. i'm not even going to try and figure out what's over there as it sounds like she is looking everything up on ebay and was very disappointed that her strawberry shortcake #1 was very well read by her daughter 25 years ago and isn't NM. given that I rely on her for various things it just isn't worth trying to cherry pick what she has or give her any potential impression I am trying to rip her off, so unless she just offers them to me outright I am not going to mess with that.

if only they had the store in thr 60's!!!