• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action 1 5.0 $436,000 on comicconnect

16 posts in this topic

More and more, the 6.0 for $317k is lookin' like a steal.

Condolences to the underbidder on that one. :whistle:

He's crying his eyes out like a busy putting Gator Jr. to bed.

:whistle:

Wonder what he really bid on this book.500k?

he only bid the 317200 to win, but he was prepared to go much higher, I am told...so, made the loss easier to "swallow"

he only bid the 317200 to win, but he was prepared to go much higher, I am told...so, made the loss easier to "swallow"
But you never know for fact :baiting:

We shouldn't tease the man that much, its one of the those "would've, should've, could'ves" he'll be replaying in his head for a while. We all have them. His was just more public then the norm.

But, it is fun. :devil:

We shouldn't tease the man that much, its one of the those "would've, should've, could'ves" he'll be replaying in his head for a while. We all have them. His was just more public then the norm.

True. but I do believe that he would have had to bid a lot higher to win. that was the first nice copy in a long time.

Loads of books not meeting high reserves here. Honest question: is Comic Connect just another venue for Metro to hawk their books; or is it a "real" auction house? Just asking...... (shrug)

I always wondered this too. I just don't understand what differentiates the two. (shrug) x2

In my opinion he was willing to go much higher,as you said.A drummer in a rock band bidding with someone elses money.