• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A Hidden Talent Has Now Gone Public

54 posts in this topic

What is pressing exactly?

Restoration.

So is flipping over a corner that was bent or closing a book after you read it.

...technically.

You ever send in a shirt to be cleaned and pressed - it goes in dirty and rumpled, but comes back clean as a whistle, flat as a board and with edges you could cut bread with.

Same basic idea.

It's good that you can laugh as the presser demographic spikes rapidly while the collector base continues to fall.

Soon they'll be giving out a dry press with every CGC comic submitted.

Shoot, people are even making their own:

Book-Press.jpg

You ever send in a shirt to be cleaned and pressed - it goes in dirty and rumpled, but comes back clean as a whistle, flat as a board and with edges you could cut bread with.

Same basic idea.

Well, without the cleaning part. And the use of chemicals. But, apart from that, right on the money :thumbsup:

Well, without the cleaning part. And the use of chemicals. But, apart from that, right on the money :thumbsup:

Yeah.. sure, no cleaning whatsoever and no chemicals... :insane:

Guess you haven't seen many before-and-after clean-n-press jobs. The paper goes from off-white to white, writing, dirt and other markings just magically disappear and the CGC grade goes from 9.0 to 9.6.

I love reading comic books. :whee:

I also love pressing my goatish smelling nether regions upon slutty vixens that are half my age :devil:

:sick: