• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FF 1

31 posts in this topic

Sorry, too much chipping, I'm going with 6.0 . Still, a great book.

+1

I have to agree with Bob on this one. The chipping plus the pre-chip tears below keep it in the 6.0 range for me. Still a nice one though.

DR.X

I would say 6.0 cuz that book is nice even with the chipping however how hard does cgc hit you for marvel chipping?

Nice looking copies with chipping are strong candidates for slabbing - as CGC treats Marvel chipping much like production creases and bindery tears - meaning the grade will not be impacted nearly as much as with a book with similar defects created through consumer handling.

I'd agree that CGC likely grades it in the 6.0/6.5 range as it otherwise is a pretty sharp looking copy.

I cannot recall seeing any book with chipping get higher than a 6.0.

All the characteristics of a 7.0, but with the chipping, I think it's ceiling is 6.0. I'd be interested to know if there are books with chipping higher than 6.0 out there.