• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Brock and Board, Where are we now? An Update........

491 posts in this topic

This is one of the primary reasons I don't sell anywhere. I know I don't have the money to back up a mistake and can't afford to lose money.

??? You lose money by buying not selling. If you've overpaid for something then you've already made the loss

Not entirely correct. You can buy from the boards at around GPA and sell on eBay UK on open auction at a huge loss. Happens all the time meh

Yeah, but there's always the option to use a reserve. Nobody is forced to sell at a loss. (shrug) The worst is that the book won't sell.

I only put books up for auction if I don't want them anymore, I won't reserve them as I want to sell them. I've known every time I'd be taking a hit, that's just on my own back.

At least I shipped 'em! :banana:

(thumbs u

This is one of the primary reasons I don't sell anywhere. I know I don't have the money to back up a mistake and can't afford to lose money.

??? You lose money by buying not selling. If you've overpaid for something then you've already made the loss

There is alot of dillholes out there that will try and screw you though in which this case if you where selling to them and they screwed you over you would possibly lose money.

This has been proven time and time again when you hear stories of people ripping off people for $1000 books and such. I don't have anything super expensive but even $10-25 would be a big loss to me.

Do you mean that the worry for you is being scammed?

Scammers, bad postman, burning post trucks, perfectionists!

:popcorn:

Just popped in for a looksee and this is what I find going on. The guy sounds kinda green to me, which is no excuse at all.....just sayin

The names Cap Freak and Dr. Frankenstein came to my mind. (tsk)

Well, two months to go. HBD to everyone who I miss during my absence.

SM out :hi:

If he's willing to go down this road for $40, wtf would he do for $400?

Hi,

It happens all the time to me. Why pay for a reserve when you can just refund the transcation if it does not meet your expectations?

I had an Ebayer sell me some books... then I paid... he or she spent my money then claimed they were going to refund my money because the book was damaged. Now, Paypal says it will be 2 week before I get a refund because his e-check to them bounced. So, what I have here is a month loan to a person who needed cash but did not want to sell their books even if they had the books. Now, I have to hope I get my money back and this seller has an interest free loan. You have to out people like this they know exactly what they are doing and they deserved to be fired as sellers.

What's amazing is BD hasn't responded on the issue at all.

Really stupid stuff

Maybe he hasn't seen the thread.

Do you believe that? It's possible but doubtful.

Of course I believe it. Why wouldn't I? Why is it doubtful he hasn't read it?

Because when I am selling something on any board I've been a member of...I am always checking the site to see if my items sold. Only makes sense...

Really stupid stuff

Because when I am selling something on any board I've been a member of...I am always checking the site to see if my items sold. Only makes sense...

In the selling area or in General?

Hi,

It happens all the time to me. Why pay for a reserve when you can just refund the transcation if it does not meet your expectations?

I had an Ebayer sell me some books... then I paid... he or she spent my money then claimed they were going to refund my money because the book was damaged. Now, Paypal says it will be 2 week before I get a refund because his e-check to them bounced. So, what I have here is a month loan to a person who needed cash but did not want to sell their books even if they had the books. Now, I have to hope I get my money back and this seller has an interest free loan. You have to out people like this they know exactly what they are doing and they deserved to be fired as sellers.

Sorry, but I'm a little confused (and this may have something to do with the way you worded the situation). Whose expectations weren't met? The way I'm reading it, you bought books, and the sellers is forcing a refund of your money because the books were damaged. Were they damaged? I don't get the part of them selling books they didn't want to sell to you. You could just tell the person to go fly a kite if nothing is really wrong with them and you're otherwise happy with the purchase.

Really stupid stuff

In the selling area mostly. But, cmon...you don't think he has been PM'd about this debacle....plus...since he's already responded to the OP...he clearly has read the info. He is choosing not to participate in this thread and that's obvious at this point.

They should pull his sale thread. [EDIT] It's been locked...

Really stupid stuff

In the selling area mostly. But, cmon...you don't think he has been PM'd about this debacle....plus...since he's already responded to the OP...he clearly has read the info. He is choosing not to participate in this thread and that's obvious at this point.

They should pull his sale thread.

It was locked a while back. (thumbs u

Really stupid stuff

It was locked a while back. (thumbs u

Thanks Garry...just saw it. :applause:

Really stupid stuff

Yes, I know he's been PMd about the situation, nochips posted his responses earlier. And my guess is he's like a rabbit in the headlights as he didn't think he'd get caught out, and he heasn't read this thread as 'something ain't horrible if you ain't seen it'.

There is nothing that doesn't get caught on these boards, and for a n00b being on the receiving end I guess it can be quite daunting. My guess is we won't see another BD post on these boards. At least not under that username anyway...

And his thread's been locked.

From his feedback thread

So I am sure we are all aware I Fed up. I paid too much for a book and when it didn't sell for enough I lied to nochips and said the book was damaged. I refunded his money but I was still in the wrong and formally apologize to nochips. I have contacted nochips and have attempted to make it right. I am aware of my proby status now and I will not be shilling so hopefully in time my mistake will be forgiven.

It's the same book, same everything, label, etc...

get it over with and out them :sumo:

Here it the book on the boards and my winning bid link.

Avengers 122 9.4 OW/W - 60

img035.jpg

Here is my winning bid:

Avengers 122

Seriously, that's a dead ant at top left, and something even more repulsive looking further down....

WOW Bro .... I think your dead on.

SR & JR ants above and a squished centipede with 3 quarters of it's legs plucked from it's poor body.

Hope that's not inside the slab well. lol

:pullhair:

this sort of behaviour just makes ebay the lottery/minefield it is today.

the opposite of buyer's remorse it appears to be.

the lame 'little boy cracking out the book' excuse is so transparent.

poor form.

So is continually coming back here under a new ID every few weeks. hm

+1

From his feedback thread

So I am sure we are all aware I Fed up. I paid too much for a book and when it didn't sell for enough I lied to nochips and said the book was damaged. I refunded his money but I was still in the wrong and formally apologize to nochips. I have contacted nochips and have attempted to make it right. I am aware of my proby status now and I will not be shilling so hopefully in time my mistake will be forgiven.

While what he did was wrong...he apologized. :acclaim: Now he needs to sell the book to Nochips for $20...come on here and say the same thing in this thread and while his rep is pretty much toast...he could redeem himself a little by openly apologizing.

Really stupid stuff

Most guilty subjects tend not to respond 2 an accusal thread as the only thing that ever ignites is 1 giant flame war.

Rich

Really stupid stuff

Most guilty subjects tend not to respond 2 an accusal thread as the only thing that ever ignites is 1 giant flame war.

Rich

:banana::banana::banana: