• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dectective Comics 38 - 1st Robin, 12th Batman

16 posts in this topic

I tried, I really tried to love this book since I acquired it a few months back but at the end of the day I just could not find it in myself to love a low to mid-grade book. It may be shallow of me but it is the way I am. This is my only sub 8.0 slab and it just sticks out.

Given that I can not bring myself to love this book and since it is such an important key I figure I should pass it on to allow some other collector to enjoy it.

I'm looking to get around $10,000 for the book but PM me and we can talk. This is not a sale to raise cash so no low-ball offers please, just call it buyer's remorse or giving a collector who will love the book more than me a chance to enjoy it.

:takeit: rules but PM's are welcome. (Nobody on the probation list).

The book presents well and is in old label goodness.

104481.jpg.d8f4c675be62beb6b9404e87480b02fc.jpg

I tried, I really tried to love this book since I acquired it a few months back but at the end of the day I just could not find it in myself to love a low to mid-grade book. It may be shallow of me but it is the way I am. This is my only sub 8.0 slab and it just sticks out.

Given that I can not bring myself to love this book and since it is such an important key I figure I should pass it on to allow some other collector to enjoy it.

I'm looking to get around $10,000 for the book but PM me and we can talk. This is not a sale to raise cash so no low-ball offers please, just call it buyer's remorse or giving a collector who will love the book more than me a chance to enjoy it.

:takeit: rules but PM's are welcome. (Nobody on the probation list).

The book presents well and is in old label goodness.

yah I can see this Tec 38 sticking out like a sore thumb amongst all those nice 8.0 marvels (thumbs u

Thanks for all the nice comments.

I should mention that the mark that starts by Robin's cape, goes through Batman's hand and ends at his thigh is a smudge on the CGC case not the book.

I am really hoping this book finds a good home as it deserves to be loved and treasured by someone who can appreciate it.

So what's next for you in early Tecs--high-grade restored? That's the route I'm planning on going. Like you, I've been hesitant to get into low grade since I've always been a high-grade guy in the Silver Age.

So what's next for you in early Tecs--high-grade restored? That's the route I'm planning on going. Like you, I've been hesitant to get into low grade since I've always been a high-grade guy in the Silver Age.

Not sure. My initial thought was to focus around 4.0 (and even then that is pricey especially for a 27). I can not afford to do them in 8.0 as I do not have an extra million laying around for a 27 but I am also not that interested in restored books. Perhaps for now dc archives and .cbrs will have to do until I have a plan. I might focus on high grade ducks instead or do more dc silver age or move more into late silver/early bronze for marvel.