• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My expierience with Gerry Ross (The Comic Master)
3 3

95 posts in this topic

Really at this point, do we need to know any more? confused-smiley-013.gif

I think we've heard enough from various parties to come to a conclusion.

But yeah, it's like a soap opera isn't it? Can't wait to hear what happened next!

popcorn.gif

Really at this point, do we need to know any more? confused-smiley-013.gif

I think we've heard enough from various parties to come to a conclusion.

But yeah, it's like a soap opera isn't it? Can't wait to hear what happened next!

popcorn.gif

It's like watching a train wreck in slow motion: you can't look away!

As sad as the first post was,......and it was a very sad story, I still want to hear all the details. Hopefully there is a "Special Place in Hell" reserved for Mr. Ross!

Please continue,....... popcorn.gif

I had two takeaways from Davidpg's initial story. One was that Ross is slime, but we all know that already anyways. The second was don't let a 12 year old guide your business decisions!

I had two takeaways from Davidpg's initial story. One was that Ross is slime, but we all know that already anyways. The second was don't let a 12 year old guide your business decisions!

Yeah. Have to agree. I still dont see the benefit of the franchise. Its not like 1,000,000 comix had THAT strong a brand. It was not Mickey D's.

And the distribution agreement seems like a recipe for getting butt-f'ed !

But defintely no excuse. Tragic story.

ARE WE GOING TO HEAR THE REST OF THIS STORY ??? I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR CHAPTER 2 FOR AWHILE NOW, AND I AM HAVING TROUBLE SLEEPING UNTIL I HEAR HOW THIS ENDS.

Maybe Gerry snuffed him out confused-smiley-013.gif

He still owes me $100.00 for a Detective I bought from him 10 years ago. The book had the wrong insides. He promised me a credit, but he never had any of the books I asked for, even if he had a new ad running. Sorry, that book is sold, etc... He really is a turd, a first classs slime.

If you guys ever see him, tell him I said so.

OK, I have to go hit the toilet. Writing about Gerry Ross is making me ill.

I mainly bought from Crestohl in the early to mid 70's, before he partnered with Ross....... Robert was fairly dependable then, rarely sent alternates and condition was always nice..... but then, back in those days, every third house had a stack of unwanted comics in it for pennies on the dollar. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

It is amazing the level of habitual fraud that was possible before the internet

I guess I got lucky, through the 80s I never had many problems buying through the CBG, not like the examples here. There were a few instances, a couple of those guys still sell today, but thankfully they were the exception.

In a lot of ways I miss the old Buyers Guide days.

Oh I remember the night Mr. Ross called me up and threatened to hit me with a lawsuit.

I so wish he would call me again, so I could tell him personally what a dirtbag he truly is.

Uh, that's Doctor Ross.

I know because that's what it said in the threatening PM he sent a bunch of us in 2012. I was told to remove my slanderous AND libelous comments.

Oh I remember the night Mr. Ross called me up and threatened to hit me with a lawsuit.

I so wish he would call me again, so I could tell him personally what a dirtbag he truly is.

Uh, that's Doctor Ross.

I know because that's what it said in the threatening PM he sent a bunch of us in 2012. I was told to remove my slanderous AND libelous comments.

A doctor of what? Dishonesty?

And if he asked you to remove your slanderous comments, then he's the we all think he is...