• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My expierience with Gerry Ross (The Comic Master)
3 3

95 posts in this topic

Many of you know my background:

Opened the first comic book store in suburban Chicago in 1978. Sold the 6-store Moondog's chain to Classics International Entertainment in 1994. Partner in the Chicago Comicon. Developer of the ComiCovers and the ComiCare line of collector supplies, Overstreet advisor, Windy City collection, etc...blah, blah, blah... sleeping.gif

Of all the weirdos, jerks, crooks and other ne'er-do-wells I've come across in all these years - in all the different facets of the comics business - Crestohl and Ross rank at or near the top. We're talking rarified Dupchek territory here.

The fact that they actually sold a 1,000,000 Comics franchise is beyond belief to me. The slime just oozed out of them. I would think that it had to be obvious even to those with stars in their eyes...

Not to open old wounds, but how much did it cost you in the end?

Honestly...you don't want to know.

But I'll tell the story later anyway after I hget home from work (and it's worse than you could imagine)... makepoint.gif

But I'll tell the story later anyway after I hget home from work (and it's worse than you could imagine)... makepoint.gif

Man please do! I remembeber fantasinzing in the 80's about having a franchise, but knew I was never cut out for business.

Of all the weirdos, jerks, crooks and other ne'er-do-wells I've come across in all these years - in all the different facets of the comics business - Crestohl and Ross rank at or near the top. We're talking rarified Dupchek territory here.

So true, so true!

Bring it on home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

confused-smiley-013.gif

popcorn.gifpopcorn.gif

yeah, double that. this could be epic

So while we're waiting, how about some quick background? So Gerry Ross was offering some kind of big package deal, along with advice? Was this advertised in CBG and Overstreet, kind of like the Koch and/or Dolgoff big package deals?

I, too, am looking forward to hearing how it turned out!

Marc

Bring it on home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

confused-smiley-013.gif

Apparently he has a longer commute than the rest of us. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif