• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ending auctions early

155 posts in this topic

Hmmm...............why does this seem familiar..............ummmm.............seller complaining about unethical seller cal..............seller responds on boardcal...............threatning everyone and acting like a childcal...............everyone sees how stupid they soundcal................hmmm.............seems awfully familiar......where have I heard this before................ 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Hmmm...............why does this seem familiar..............ummmm.............seller complaining about unethical seller cal..............seller responds on boardcal...............threatning everyone and acting like a childcal...............everyone sees how stupid they soundcal................hmmm.............seems awfully familiar......where have I heard this before................ 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

shocked.gif

So, Mr. Beyonder....what do you think of all of this?

Hmm..... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I can't support the practice of ending auctions early(especially within the last few minutes).... but ....I wouldn't respond very well to someone emailing me and giving me [!@#%^&^] either.

It seems like you now understand why potential buyers get pissed off, and have indicated that you will no longer end auctions in this fashion again......so I think all is well that ends well.

You gotta love ebay when SCAMMERS try to sell you a comic they DONT have. NOT when someone ends an auction. HOW long does it take to get through to you guys?

And just for the record....I am the ebay user you are accusing here girlfriend. AKA thunderkitten. .. and I have been posting on here for a while.

shocked.gifhi.gifflowerred.gif

Here is the first letter from TOMEGA when I ended the auction early:

"From member: tomega

--------------------

I was the high bidder on your Giant Size X-men # 1 X-men

when you cancelled it with less then 30 minutes left. Next time put a reserve on it, actions like yours is what makes eBay bad. I hope they nail you for circumventing fees by cancelling auctions instead of putting a reserve or I hope they are wathcing, I know I will. "

any questions?

People like this ruin it for the rest of us who do abide by established

policies. This seller has wasted my time and other buyers by his

unscrupulous actions. He should be suspended and I would suggest looking

into all his auctions because he is basically stealing from eBay.

Thank you,

eBay id Tomega

This is another letter....I think he is being a rude stuck up snob. AND of course I would retaliate!!! DUH! what human being wouldnt??

OK Deathlok....explain yourself.... confused.gif

Some more insightful words from "TOMEGA" :

"A bit of advice, at least try to capitalize and start sentences properly when you try to make fun of someone; especially about age. It really makes you look stupid when you start sentences with “and if you ” and “and I have” or forget even basic capitalization. I tend to think that makes you look twelve more then myself. Good luck with eBay, the clock is ticking. I look forward to their correspondence with me and your next insightful letter.

Good luck with eBay, you will need it."

GEE....he started picking apart my grammar now too?? Is this guy for real?

How old are you??????????????

As for Tomega.....his commitment to identifying bad ebay practices has saved more than one forum member a great deal of money.

Face it...your practices are bad practices regardless of your motivations. 893naughty-thumb.gif

Since when is it TOMEGA position to make EBAYS policies known? He did report me and all ebay did was send me a link to their policies. Whoa...that was really dealt with wasnt it TOMEGA?? Anyway, my point is...I do have a good standing with Ebay and my customers. ALL of the comics I have sold, people have been happy with. Between Ebay and Paypal fees, yes sellers get hit with a loss sometimes. Reserve fees are NOT cheap and they are not refunded unless you SELL the item. Ending auctions are against EBAY policy IF you do it to save money which I DID NOT do. I never stated that to this TOMEGA guy. I said that SELLERS SUFFER NOW.....never said why I ended the auction.

Does anyone here think that this is ridiculous? All over ending an auction? What about when I first started posting here?? I got treated like SH*T from you people on lhere for NO reason. Is that right? I came on here to get some opinions on comics and sell an ASM # 1 I had acquired.

It sounds to me like you guys think you own the comic industry and can do whatever you want. Then when someone actually fights back you cannot handle the truth.

~thunderkitten

It's not about us "owning" the comic industry. It's about weasels like you screwing over buyers. Either suck it up and pay for a reserve or take your occasional lumps when an auction doesn't do as well as you like. People like you kill--you feel you have free reign to break the rules, then get self-righteous when someone actually points out your behaviour. Loser.

OK. how have I screwed over buyers. 100% feedback rating? If you have used your brains and read the posts you would see the whole story. I will let you figure that out for yourself.

Dont expect someone to take the bull and not give it back either old man.

Honestly...If you ended an auction on me, I would never bother with any others you had.

If you'd just list the book and let it run, I think you'd be suprised at the bids that jump in the last 2 minutes.

If there was a price that I had to get, I'd put a reserve on it.

But sometimes auctions with no reserve will end higher than auctions *with* a reserve.

Don't get me wrong. I've had my share of auctions end for less than I wanted them to.

But I've had some that end much higher than I expected.

All you can do is give good pictures and an honest description. Then let the bidders decide what it's worth.