• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask Gator
13 13

7,544 posts in this topic

Dear Gator,

Are Magazine slabs and Golden Age slabs the same size?? Cause we just got in these sweet Magazine Flip-N-Stick sample bags for Slabs that fit nicely. If Golden Age are the same size or a tad smaller then they would be perfect.

:popcorn:

Jeff

unfortunately no...magazine are significantly bigger

:sorry:

Ok, back to the grind.

I ordered the 1013M2 Mylites 2 from you guys and they fit my GA slabs fine. (shrug)

Dear Gator,

Are Magazine slabs and Golden Age slabs the same size?? Cause we just got in these sweet Magazine Flip-N-Stick sample bags for Slabs that fit nicely. If Golden Age are the same size or a tad smaller then they would be perfect.

Jeff

Ok, back to the grind.

I ordered the 1013M2 Mylites 2 from you guys and they fit my GA slabs fine. (shrug)

Im working on something that fits like a glove.

I sell a Tec 31 for $27.5k, and I paid $20k for it. My overhead is $500. What is my percent profit based on the cost and on the selling price? (shrug):grin:
7000 profit (7500 less 500 in expenses associated with the purchase/sale of the book) off a 20,000 purchase =35%...7000 profit, relative to your sale/retail is 7000/27500= approx 25.45%
sounds like you did earn your econ degree from U of F :grin: We just went over that in 7th grade pre-algebra (thumbs u

I sell a Tec 31 for $27.5k, and I paid $20k for it. My overhead is $500. What is my percent profit based on the cost and on the selling price? (shrug):grin:
7000 profit (7500 less 500 in expenses associated with the purchase/sale of the book) off a 20,000 purchase =35%...7000 profit, relative to your sale/retail is 7000/27500= approx 25.45%
sounds like you did earn your econ degree from U of F :grin: We just went over that in 7th grade pre-algebra (thumbs u
my first BSBA is in finance ...got my second degree so I could stay in school when spurrier got there in 1990 lol

my first BSBA is in finance ...got my second degree so I could stay in school when spurrier got there in 1990 lol
:acclaim:

Dear Gator,

Jeff

Ok, back to the grind.

:taptaptap:

Dear Gator,

Jeff

Ok, back to the grind.

:taptaptap:

Im trying buddy. Im trying.

Dear Gator,

In a real wrestling match with no acting, could anyone have beaten Andre the Giant in his prime? If so, who?

I got my picture taken with Andre and Dusty Rhodes right here in Panama City Florida in the early 80's when they were tag team partners... in Andre's prime, he was an awesome athlete...

in the 70's and 80's, there were still "bigger" men, like Haystacks Calhoun and stronger men like Bruno S...into the 80's and 90's the likes of Hulk Hogan and Lex Luger were just incredible specimens physically, that they might have taken Andre in a real match...

I think andre only lost 2 matches in the early days...Canek pinned him and Antonio Inoki got him by submission and in the End, I think Hulk H got him too

Dear Gator,

In a real wrestling match with no acting, could anyone have beaten Andre the Giant in his prime? If so, who?

I got my picture taken with Andre and Dusty Rhodes right here in Panama City Florida in the early 80's when they were tag team partners... in Andre's prime, he was an awesome athlete...

in the 70's and 80's, there were still "bigger" men, like Haystacks Calhoun and stronger men like Bruno S...into the 80's and 90's the likes of Hulk Hogan and Lex Luger were just incredible specimens physically, that they might have taken Andre in a real match...

I think andre only lost 2 matches in the early days...Canek pinned him and Antonio Inoki got him by submission and in the End, I think Hulk H got him too

I saw my first and only live wrestling match in about 1972. I remember the indian chief. I forget his name. It was really a cool thing to see at that age. :cloud9:

Dear Gator,

I saw my first and only live wrestling match in about 1972. I remember the indian chief. I forget his name. It was really a cool thing to see at that age. :cloud9:
wahoo mcdaniel or jay strongbow (shrug)

Dear Gator,

wahoo mcdaniel or jay strongbow (shrug)
Possibly, chief Little Eagle?

http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/profiles/c/chief-little-eagle.php

I have 3 tiers of books I own

tier 1...books I buy strictly with the intent to resell, have no real interest in collecting (most SA, etc)

tier 2...books that I love to collect, but that are priced for sale (displayed at cons), but that I am just as happy keeping

tier 3...books that are not for sale (never displayed at cons, so few know I have them), that are part of the "permanent" collection (now, might be some upgrading or downgrading within this tier, but many I have owned for the entire 6-7 years I have been back to collecting GA)

zzz

I have 3 tiers of books I own

tier 1...books I buy strictly with the intent to resell, have no real interest in collecting (most SA, etc)

tier 2...books that I love to collect, but that are priced for sale (displayed at cons), but that I am just as happy keeping

tier 3...books that are not for sale (never displayed at cons, so few know I have them), that are part of the "permanent" collection (now, might be some upgrading or downgrading within this tier, but many I have owned for the entire 6-7 years I have been back to collecting GA)

(worship)

fixed that for you

tier 2...books that I love to collect, but that are priced for . . . . keeping (in the collection).

I think that is an accurate statement for the majority of the books being posted in the "Forum Only Selling Area". Fishing expedition.

My track record on finding a comic book for sale in the selling area that I think is a good value and I bite is 1 per year (2009-10 -- made the quota).

tier 2...books that I love to collect, but that are priced for . . . . keeping (in the collection).

I think that is an accurate statement for the majority of the books being posted in the "Forum Only Selling Area". Fishing expedition.

My track record on finding a comic book for sale in the selling area that I think is a good value and I bite is 1 per year (2009-10 -- made the quota).

sometimes listing a book at FMV + is what it will take to want to sell a book... however, I always appreciate folks listing books, so at least I know "where" they are, even if I am not inclined to pay the asking price... good value is a relative term...there is no rule that states one must sell a comic at less than FMV, though if one does, kudos (thumbs u