• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask Gator
13 13

7,544 posts in this topic

been posted many times, but here it is:

marvel1all92.jpg

Super awesome. I love seeing high grade copies of this book and they don't come around very often. Thanks for posting again, Gator. :applause:

(thumbs u

been posted many times, but here it is:

marvel1all92.jpg

Super awesome. I love seeing high grade copies of this book and they don't come around very often. Thanks for posting again, Gator. :applause:

(thumbs u

Early Timely's are just awesome, period. :headbang:

Thanks for the repost!

Hey Gator!

Whats the nicest restored book you have owned?

(nice = desirability + eye appeal + $$$ factor combined :devil:)

Allentown Marvel 1 at a slight cgc 9.2 (cover cleaned, tear seal)

Holy spoon

That book is beyond awesome.

And the slight-job on that particulat book sounds like a pre restoe 8.5/9.0 ...

Probably kickin yourself for lettin that smoker go. You sold it for a song?

still have it (thumbs u

(worship)

Even though I usually prefer DC, I think I'd rather have Marvel 1 over Action 1. There's just something about that book! :cloud9:

action 1 for me, all day and twice on sunday...followed by tec 27, superman 1, batman 1, captain america 1, then Marvel 1 (thumbs u

For me, Tec 31, 27 and 29 then Bat 1, Marvel 1, Action 1, Cap 1, Whiz 1 and then Superman 1(not that I'll ever own any of them! :cry:).

Have you heard of other finds as exciting as the recent Action 10 score on eBay?

David

there have been many in that same realm... heck, I know of an action 7 purchased for $20 (many moons ago)...

I picked up a $12K for $3K 2 years ago...it happens from time to time where HUGE profits are available, but it is the exception, not the rule...too much information available these days, if folks bother to do the research (thumbs u

Have you heard of other finds as exciting as the recent Action 10 score on eBay?

David

there have been many in that same realm... heck, I know of an action 7 purchased for $20 (many moons ago)...

I picked up a $12K for $3K 2 years ago...it happens from time to time where HUGE profits are available, but it is the exception, not the rule...too much information available these days, if folks bother to do the research (thumbs u

Picked up these two books back in December from different ebay auctions (the MM was an underpriced BIN)...

daringcomics_7.jpg

marvelmystery_66.jpg

...under $1K total (yes, that's for both books; no, I'm not kidding). :cloud9:

Yes, good things do happen now and then (it's all about being in the right place at the right time).

David

Picked up these two books back in December from different ebay auctions (the MM was an underpriced BIN)...

daringcomics_7.jpg

marvelmystery_66.jpg

...under $1K total (yes, that's for both books; no, I'm not kidding). :cloud9:

Yes, good things do happen now and then (it's all about being in the right place at the right time).

I guess this really is the modern version of going to garage sales hoping for the great find.