• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask Gator
13 13

7,544 posts in this topic

the real question we should ask ourselves from that picture is why in the heck wasn't the gator invited :cry:

Maybe your wife wouldn't let you come out and play that night? :baiting:

Can't remember what year that was. Maybe '08 or '09?

the real question we should ask ourselves from that picture is why in the heck wasn't the gator invited :cry:

Maybe your wife wouldn't let you come out and play that night? :baiting:

Can't remember what year that was. Maybe '08 or '09?

maybe :sumo:

They are the size of placemats. l0.5" x l4.5"

Crikey - more like doormats!

I once had a complete set of them as well. Bad picture, but you can get a sense for the size of them as they lay near a one sheet movie poster

This was back in 1995

largejumbos.jpg

Be happy. Some of us never get invited. :sorry:

the pizza is really yummy and rarehighgrade and mrs rarehighgrade are super hosts :cloud9:

Is there any way we can see what comics you have for sale? (website,etc)
unfortunately I have not ever pursued that next level...I pretty much just accumulate comics and then set up at shows, and occasionally post some sales threads here...as the mood strikes me lol

one of these days, if I ever take the vintage business to the next level, I will post to our website, but I have just not been motivated to do so yet...

I am, however, working on a complete list of what I have (inv) that I can pm folks if they so desire...won't be done till after new year, but that will at least be a starting place

Saving my pennies to buy something from Gator's booth @ MegaCon. (thumbs u

unfortunately I have not ever pursued that next level...I pretty much just accumulate comics and then set up at shows, and occasionally post some sales threads here...as the mood strikes me lol

one of these days, if I ever take the vintage business to the next level, I will post to our website, but I have just not been motivated to do so yet...

I am, however, working on a complete list of what I have (inv) that I can pm folks if they so desire...won't be done till after new year, but that will at least be a starting place

mega con will be the debut of some nice recent acquisitions

the pizza is really yummy and rarehighgrade and mrs rarehighgrade are super hosts :cloud9:

Now you are just rubbing it in.

mega con will be the debut of some nice recent acquisitions

Suh-weet....bringing a few boxes of books with me to deal, as well as a wad O Greenbacks.

You should come down for Mega-Con in February. We're going to have a lttle get-together there that weekend with quite a few GA collectors. You could be the Guest of Honor. (thumbs u

You should come down for Mega-Con in February. We're going to have a lttle get-together there that weekend with quite a few GA collectors. You could be the Guest of Honor. (thumbs u

:o

One of the dream grails for any collector is to get the secret handshake invitation to the legendary RHG party. :cloud9:

So far, the closest I've gotten to attending that legendary event is the Side-kick's Lounge... (shrug)

IMG_0629-1.jpg

...and an invitation to dine with Mark Haspell, Jon Verzyl and Jon's family at the Stage Deli in NYC. Not that the conversation and food wasn't terrific. (thumbs u

Edited by DavidMerryweather

I think that means he wants me to buy the pizza.

:cloud9:

No, I think he wants you to buy the pizza then rub it in!

I am wondering if you know who owns any/all of the early Mile High Jungle and Jumbo books.

Group2.jpg

Umm, (worship)(worship) so I assume Nearmint owns the books... care to share the story?

Wow, to be around in '82 when chuck was selling them, to have the money to buy them then and the foresight to hold onto them!

Then again, pretty much any real estate or stock investment bought in 1982 also would be up 20-40x your money anyway!!

That sounds great! I'd definitely be interested in that list when it becomes available! Thank you for all your help!

Hey Gator,

I want to move some books from my Gerber collection to help finance my comics-related startup. I hope to do this sooner than later but I don't want to take a bath on the prices.

Should I:

a) Sell on the boards

b) Risk eBay

c) List with Clink or an auction house

d) Consign to a dealer

e) Give up

Thanks!

(thumbs u