• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask Gator
13 13

7,544 posts in this topic

Just cant wrap my brain around so much Billy Gold being flipped so fast ...

I think folks would be surprised how many books flip auction to auction. Easier to distinguish pedigrees but the billy books are par for the course

Hey Rick, I wouldn't be surprised, actually I find it fun to see how me books have made a second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth, ... appearance in auctions. From my observation, I would say CLINK followed by Pedigree have the most repeat appearances. I wonder why that is hmlol

(tsk)

Books won but not paid for ? (shrug)

I don't know for sure but suspect these reappearances are for several reasons not limited to:

1. flippers flipping

2. eyes were bigger than wallet folks

3. I saw something prettier and have to have it now folks

4. Auction fluffers - if an auction does not have enough good stuff, then it gets back filled with some good stuff that isn't intended to sell but "fluffs" the auction.

Just cant wrap my brain around so much Billy Gold being flipped so fast ...

I think folks would be surprised how many books flip auction to auction. Easier to distinguish pedigrees but the billy books are par for the course

Hey Rick, I wouldn't be surprised, actually I find it fun to see how me books have made a second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth, ... appearance in auctions. From my observation, I would say CLINK followed by Pedigree have the most repeat appearances. I wonder why that is hmlol

(tsk)

Books won but not paid for ? (shrug)

I don't know for sure but suspect these reappearances are for several reasons not limited to:

1. flippers flipping

2. eyes were bigger than wallet folks

3. I saw something prettier and have to have it now folks

4. Auction fluffers - if an auction does not have enough good stuff, then it gets back filled with some good stuff that isn't intended to sell but "fluffs" the auction.

I choose #5.

while I know this question has been asked before, the answer must evolve over time.

Oh King of the comic crystal ball:

a) what is the most undervalued book out there today

b) same question - but silver age please (sorry for delving outside GA)

c) what would you characterize as solid runners up under a)

d) what would you characterize as solid runners up under b)

Thanks, oh mightly one!

while I know this question has been asked before, the answer must evolve over time.

Thanks, oh mightly one!

hm

A-can I buy a bunch of them first, before price goes up lol

B- see A

Need I go on :baiting:

Thanks, oh mightly one!

hm

B- see A

Need I go on : baiting:

(worship) Master Rick, you are truly wise beyond your years. Must be from all that Coke Zero

Thanks, oh mightly one!

Joey, you don't need Gator to answer this one. We all know the books in your sig line are falling and the books in my sig line keep goin up lol

Thanks, oh mightly one!

Joey, you don't need Gator to answer this one. We all know the books in your sig line are falling and the books in my sig line keep goin up lol

:roflmao:

Unknown.jpg

Thanks, oh mightly one!

:sorry: 'nuff said

Thanks, oh mightly one!

hm

B- see A

buhbuhbuhbuh but - you have answered this before......what's different?

Would it help change your mind to know I drink more Coke Zero than you do? Probably 3 litres per day (sad, I know - but i do love the stuff)

Thanks, oh mightly one!

hm

B- see A

buhbuhbuhbuh but - you have answered this before......what's different?

Would it help change your mind to know I drink more Coke Zero than you do? Probably 3 litres per day (sad, I know - but i do love the stuff)

I can pretty much guarantee that NO one drinks more coke zero a day than me ...3 L is child's play:

I wasn't aware I had answered before....I typically don't answer questions that directly impact my buying and selling (like the 8.0 R tec 168 value question a few pages back)...

generically, I will answer anything...but if it specifically has bias to me, I refrain for obvious reasons (thumbs u

Oh, i understand but am 99% sure you had answered. Your answer was that AllFlash Quaterly was the most likely GA book to decrease in value. See, I EVEN REMEMBER YOUR ANSWER!

And 3L per day is child's play?! Whoa, what are we talking here man? You need an intervention?

Oh, i understand but am 99% sure you had answered. Your answer was that AllFlash Quaterly was the most likely GA book to decrease in value. See, I EVEN REMEMBER YOUR ANSWER!

And 3L per day is child's play?! Whoa, what are we talking here man? You need an intervention?

Now that type question I'll answer as no conflict of interest lol

I pee coke zero (thumbs u

Now that type question I'll answer as no conflict of interest lol

I pee coke zero (thumbs u

:gossip: FYI, While All Flash is a dead title, there are probably other titles that have more downward potential. Don't get me wrong, All Flash is definitely a title that can see where Jimmy Hoffa is located, but there are several more that from a percent and raw dollar amount will see worse return. One thing important to remember is just because a certain title is dead and has not real upward potential for making money doesn't mean the books aren't cool. A lot of the Fawcett books have just plan cool covers on them. Compare them to a lot of The Batman covers and there is no comparison (and I collect The Batman !).

:foryou: I owe you a coke zero Rick !

So if you were going to collect a title on life support, what would it be. Batman and Tecs are so hot right now you can get third degree burns when attempting to bid.

So if you were going to collect a title on life support, what would it be. Batman and Tecs are so hot right now you can get third degree burns when attempting to bid.

From your signature line, looks like you are collecting Silver Age Flash. Silver Age Flash is cool. I love most of the covers. How much upward potential does it have? I would say not a ton, but the covers are really cool.

lots of great titles. All star, flash, sensation, wonder woman, comic calvacade etc