• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask Gator
13 13

7,544 posts in this topic

Gator, does your water bottle contain Coke Zero?
only time I don't have a Coke zero in my hand is when I am playing bball. All water or g2

Is that you in the red tank?

so yes, it is possible for an old man like me, to nail 3 straight 3 pointers to take my church league team from down 6 to up 3, and then hit a little 2 point floater to seal our victory...thanks to all that inquired about my game last night lol

GAtor,

Got any video? Maybe instead of selling action figures and high end comics, you missed your true calling? ;)

[font:Times New Roman]Naw, with outside shots like that he should run for office. I may offer my services as his campaign manager as no candidate that I've managed ever lost an election.[/font] ;)

hm

[font:Times New Roman]I like long shots, and it would be the first time I've managed a candidate. :kidaround:

Joking aside, I think you'd make a great candidate. That said, hopefully I'll be able to shoot some baskets with you guys in Chicago this year.[/font] (thumbs u

so yes, it is possible for an old man like me, to nail 3 straight 3 pointers to take my church league team from down 6 to up 3, and then hit a little 2 point floater to seal our victory...thanks to all that inquired about my game last night lol

GAtor,

Got any video? Maybe instead of selling action figures and high end comics, you missed your true calling? ;)

[font:Times New Roman]Naw, with outside shots like that he should run for office. I may offer my services as his campaign manager as no candidate that I've managed ever lost an election.[/font] ;)

hm

[font:Times New Roman]I like long shots, and it would be the first time I've managed a candidate. :kidaround:

Joking aside, I think you'd make a great candidate. That said, hopefully I'll be able to shoot some baskets with you guys in Chicago this year.[/font] (thumbs u

bring your shoes !

GAtor,

there are a few videos around. I have one I vainly did where I hit 97/100 free throws.

Come to Chicago in August and join us for a game ...live and in person (thumbs u

i ran with them in San Diego before. Witnessed it. I tickled the twine a bit myself.

Well if it was Gator's twine you were tickling, maybe that's why he made the 97 out of 100.

GAtor,

there are a few videos around. I have one I vainly did where I hit 97/100 free throws.

Come to Chicago in August and join us for a game ...live and in person (thumbs u

i ran with them in San Diego before. Witnessed it. I tickled the twine a bit myself.

Well if it was Gator's twine you were tickling, maybe that's why he made the 97 out of 100.

don't worry bill, benny is not homing in on your parade :blush:

Hi Gator,

I inquired a few years ago about whether Sharp Comics #1 existed and if you had picture of the book. You said it did but did not have a copy to scan.

Despite my best efforts I still have not found a picture of the elusive book, would you please ask around to your contacts and see if someone has a scan they would be willing post ?

And yep still interested in purchasing a copy if one shows up..

will inquire (thumbs u

GAtor,

:acclaim:

I'm mystified about something. A seller on ebay has Famous Funnies #2 CGC 4.0 for sale and claims it is the only existing copy on the census , which is supported by it, but GPA shows many copies selling over the years. I am under the impression that all the books on GPA are certified by CGC, so why is there a difference in the number of graded copies differ in the CGC census vs GPA?

I asked the seller why he claimed it was the only copy in existence, but I'm still mystified by the differences in the two censuses.

Wassup with this GAtor?

ebay listing

I'm more curious how a book with that big a piece missing from the cover gets a 4.0 :sumo:

GAtor,

lol

Rick, who makes it to the Super Bowl and wins? I'm hoping for an all Harbaugh bowl

Dear Rick,

What's the best way for someone like me ( a collector, not a dealer) to sell two or three long boxes of higher grade copper/modern age books... they are all major titles such as Action, Superman, X-men, Fantastic four, Avengers, etc... and also a long box of higher grade Richie Rich, Sad sacks with dupes.

Dear Rick,

What's the best way for someone like me ( a collector, not a dealer) to sell two or three long boxes of higher grade copper/modern age books... they are all major titles such as Action, Superman, X-men, Fantastic four, Avengers, etc... and also a long box of higher grade Richie Rich, Sad sacks with dupes.

the short answer is "there is no way"... most all copper modern books are "high grade"...I sell them in my store for $1, or 2/$1, depending on cost...your local store is best bet, if they wish to buy , as you are done in one shot... running lots on the boards is option 2, but shipping is a pain...so again, short and simple answer is there is really no "best" way...only limited options, none of which really benefit you, the seller

GAtor,

lol

Rick, who makes it to the Super Bowl and wins? I'm hoping for an all Harbaugh bowl

why, the Gators of course :insane:

I'm mystified about something. A seller on ebay has Famous Funnies #2 CGC 4.0 for sale and claims it is the only existing copy on the census , which is supported by it, but GPA shows many copies selling over the years. I am under the impression that all the books on GPA are certified by CGC, so why is there a difference in the number of graded copies differ in the CGC census vs GPA?

I asked the seller why he claimed it was the only copy in existence, but I'm still mystified by the differences in the two censuses.

Wassup with this GAtor?

ebay listing

I'm more curious how a book with that big a piece missing from the cover gets a 4.0 :sumo:

this is cgc, not overstreet...I have seen otherwise really nice structural books, receive a "vg" grade with obvious flaws like that... remember, cgc discounts flaws at some % and arrives at final grade...as we have all seen, it is purely structural, and not always aesthetic (thumbs u

Wassup with this GAtor?

ebay listing

this is cgc, not overstreet...I have seen otherwise really nice structural books, receive a "vg" grade with obvious flaws like that... remember, cgc discounts flaws at some % and arrives at final grade...as we have all seen, it is purely structural, and not always aesthetic (thumbs u

Does the fact that it is a book from 1934 enter into it? hm

Wassup with this GAtor?

ebay listing

Does the fact that it is a book from 1934 enter into it? hm

according to cgc the answer is "no"

Dear Gator,

Did it upset you to lose Gator DC Dan Quinn to Seattle?

The Gator defense seemed pretty ferocious for most of the season, though it did take an unceremonial dump against Louisville. What are you feelings on the move as a Gator freak...er...fan.

Dear Gator,

Did it upset you to lose Gator DC Dan Quinn to Seattle?

The Gator defense seemed pretty ferocious for most of the season, though it did take an unceremonial dump against Louisville. What are you feelings on the move as a Gator freak...er...fan.

DJ promotion is a good thing...it is muschamp that really controls the D, so I don't think we miss a beat with his departure

enjoying our BBall team right now (Thumbs u

My game these days is really between the 3 point lines. Age is slowly rearing its ugly head. I'm good for one more Chicago game and then all down bill from there lol

pathetic.

My game these days is really between the 3 point lines. Age is slowly rearing its ugly head. I'm good for one more Chicago game and then all down bill from there lol

pathetic.

I know. I have no idea why he chose to throw me under the bus, I don't even play basketball