• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask Gator
13 13

7,544 posts in this topic

Dear Gator:

Did you sell any early Actions at NYCC? Also, do you have a wall pic?

nope. Didn't sell much of anything at NYcc

Several folks have posted pics of our wall. I took some pics and could upload tomorrow if anyone wanted to see

Time to scratch NYCC off your list and add either Baltimore or Philadelphia :)

I've heard from several sources that NYCC was a lousy show, and not worth going to(at least for buyers and sellers of comics). But Philly was a great show(I got a lot of sweet books there), and I plan on attending Baltimore next year.

Dear Gator:

Several folks have posted pics of our wall. I took some pics and could upload tomorrow if anyone wanted to see

I've heard from several sources that NYCC was a lousy show, and not worth going to(at least for buyers and sellers of comics). But Philly was a great show(I got a lot of sweet books there), and I plan on attending Baltimore next year.

Baltimore was fantastic for buying and trading books. Chicago was very good for me as well.

[font:Times New Roman]...and/or Comicpalooza in Houston.[/font] (thumbs u

That's for lamers

Yeah, I only managed to snag a couple of raw high grade Crippen peds at Comicpalooza. :baiting:

I'm looking at the possibility of adding Baltimore and/or Philly, depending on whether it can be worked into the travel schedule, but SDCC is a must. I enjoyed Chicago and look forward to going back next year.

Alas, I skipped NYCC this year. I love NY, but don't care for Javit's Center (it's more like a concrete bunker than a convention center). The attendance numbers look good (CNN reported that NYCC has caught up with SDCC), but headcount from costumers and celebrity hunters doesn't necessarily translate to more dollars for dealers. if that's the goal NYCC may end up being a Comic Con in name only in a few years. At least San Diego still has a pretty good mix of comics, art, entertainment, etc., with pleasant surroundings and lots of great restaurants nearby. (thumbs u

That's for lamers

Yeah, I only managed to snag a couple of raw high grade Crippen peds at Comicpalooza. :baiting:

I'm looking at the possibility of adding Baltimore and/or Philly, depending on whether it can be worked into the travel schedule, but SDCC is a must. I enjoyed Chicago and look forward to going back next year.

Alas, I skipped NYCC this year. I love NY, but don't care for Javit's Center (it's more like a concrete bunker than a convention center). The attendance numbers look good (CNN reported that NYCC has caught up with SDCC), but headcount from costumers and celebrity hunters doesn't necessarily translate to more dollars for dealers. if that's the goal NYCC may end up being a Comic Con in name only in a few years. At least San Diego still has a pretty good mix of comics, art, entertainment, etc., with pleasant surroundings and lots of great restaurants nearby. (thumbs u

You will be very happy with, and welcomed to, Baltimore or Philly next year :)

Baltimore had a ton of nice books and was mostly a comic show. Philly is in my backyard so it is a personal favorite

Dear Gator:

[font:Times New Roman]The lower case c's say a lot. :(

BTW, did you dine with the Verzyl's at Stage Deli Saturday night?

Besides funny books, what I missed most by not making the trip this year was dining out with friends. [/font]

Yeah, show us those pics!

+1 (thumbs u

Stage Deli closed last year.

I only bought three comics and one was TWD variant cover from Filter's daughter, who was out in the aisles selling comics. The other two were Canteen Kate 3 from Dale and TFTC 24 from Terry O'Neill.

That's for lamers

They call me the gimp :acclaim:

[font:Times New Roman]Pons is just jealous cuz he missed out on the crawfish feast.[/font] :gossip:

Dear Gator:

Also time for him to add the Boston Comic Con.

(thumbs u

Boston Comic Con 2014

>>>>>>>>>>>> :o

The place was packed every time we dined there, ...and the annual get-together had become a tradition of sorts. Bummer. :(

This summer some friends were visiting and we took them to NYC. The husband is a big baseball fan, so I thought we could take them to Mickey Mantle's for lunch. :idea: After walking back and forth with them on Central Park South muttering "I know it's here somewhere" I finally asked someone. Closed two years ago. doh!

Perils of the restaurant biz, I guess.

Dear Gator:

Besides funny books, what I missed most by not making the trip this year was dining out with friends. [/font]

+1 (thumbs u

I only bought three comics and one was TWD variant cover from Filter's daughter, who was out in the aisles selling comics. The other two were Canteen Kate 3 from Dale and TFTC 24 from Terry O'Neill.

Great book. His stuff on CK is underrated, I think, even among Baker fans.

Dear Gator:

+1 (thumbs u

I dined with the verzyls...we had twinkies! and paydays!

Dear Gator:

+1 (thumbs u

But were the paydays chocolate or vanilla?

Dear Gator:

+1 (thumbs u

Judging from earlier comments, the paydays must've been few and far between. :cry:

Dear Gator:

+1 (thumbs u

peanuts and nugat...no chocolate (as I am allergic to it)

Four Color 16 Series 1 (Mickey Mouse #1) cgc 7.0 oww

Just looking to get an idea of a value or what a presentable copy may fetch at auction. Not a lot of sales so I thought your opinion would be nothing less than spot on. Thanks

Chris

5-6k (based on last couple of sales)
Thanks for the numbers. Feels about right.