• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask Gator
13 13

7,544 posts in this topic

I'm hearing harbough to michigan. Texas isn't looking (they will give strong at least 2 more years). Chip Kelley would be my personal pick if doable

I would be surprised to see Kelley leave the Eagles to go to Florida.

+1

Kelly is doing a great job with the Eagles, and proving that his college system can thrive when adapted to the NFL. He's even making Mr. Butt Fumble look like a serviceable QB. I would be shocked if he even considered returning to college at this point.

There's a reason gruden hasnt coached in years ;)

ESPN has been paying him too much money? hm

Story seems to be that if Jim Harbaugh leaves the '49ers it will be to go to Michigan. After years in Michigan, Chicago, and San Francisco, Gainesville would be much too hot for him. :D

espn isn't paying him a fraction of what he would get coaching (thumbs u

Good point, although the work is a lot easier. I think that's a key reason Gruden, Cowher, and some other coaches never come back after supposedly just taking a break as broadcasters.

I'm hearing harbough to michigan. Texas isn't looking (they will give strong at least 2 more years). Chip Kelley would be my personal pick if doable

so would I, but that would be who I would like to see Fl make a run at...

and butt fumble threw 2 picks and fumbled 2x yesterday...even Kelley can't help that train wreck

and butt fumble threw 2 picks and fumbled 2x yesterday...even Kelley can't help that train wreck

True, but he was playing @ GB, so I'll give him a bit of a pass (but only a small one). If he backs up his poor play next week, then yeah, not even Kelley can help him. I believe last week was the best statistical start of his career thus far, was it not?

True, but he was playing @ GB, so I'll give him a bit of a pass (but only a small one). If he backs up his poor play next week, then yeah, not even Kelley can help him. I believe last week was the best statistical start of his career thus far, was it not?

green bay has a great qb and decent Off, but their D is not even one of the top 23 D's (they are 24th out of 32).... true, you need more than 2 games to determine a body of work, but given Sanchez's past, I'm leaning more towards a bust in any O right now...

Dream on.

Chip Kelly hates recruiting. He's done with college ball. His next step is to the Patriots. He's a New England guy through and through.

Best thing the Eagles could do is trade up for Mariota. But, it is going to be too far a climb to be realistic.

It looks like Gruden is making about $4 mill per year from ESPN. Apparently there are only about nine college coaches making more than that: Salaries of college football coaches

The gap between the salary of a top TV analyst and the salary of a top coach is smaller than I would have thought, although it would probably take a salary at Saban levels to woo Gruden back into coaching.

Top coaches are able to supplement their salaries in other ways but analysts of Gruden's fame can as well.

Dream on.

Chip Kelly hates recruiting. He's done with college ball. His next step is to the Patriots. He's a New England guy through and through.

Maybe. But I talked to a major bill gator booster today and the 7.5 mil per year number came up as did chips name :o

Probably just wishful thinking but until he says no that would be my choice (if I could have any)

I'd want Chip Kelly if I was a Gator too (but, then again I'm a Duck).

But, Chip Kelly is not, as far as I can tell, overly motivated by money. Oregon could have paid him a lot to get him to stay. He was facing two years with NC shots if he stayed. But, he didn't want the money or the college NC.

The guy's not extravagant. He's not into possessions.

He values some good friends and his family. Which is why he wants to be in New England.

He values challenges and winning. He wants to prove himself the best. He's an old gym rat. And, in his mind, college is not the peak of the coaching profession. He wants to win in the NFL.

Plus, he hates recruiting. And he's not great with donors. I don't think he'll ever return to college.

You know G.A.tor that Lane Kiffin needs a new head coaching job. :baiting:

Please take Bo Pelini off my hands. My beloved Cornhuskers can't take any more of these blow out losses. We've fired a guy for going 10-2 before and we should do it again.
um. No. I did hear chip kelly talked to foley for several hours today. I know someone else posted no chance but lines of communication seem open

That was me, and I'd bet on CK not leaving the NFL given the success he's having and his antipathy for recruiting and donor relations. I am very well connected at Oregon, and would be shocked if CK's views on college changed so much after just two NFL years.

But, if the report is true, I'm not surprised that CK would talk to Foley. His position has always been that he'll talk to anyone and listen to offers (and it has been a policy that serves him well in his contract negotiations). And Foley may think he has to give it the old college try even if futile. But, its a little odd given the public comments that Florida wants to hire a coach by the end of December.

Of course, the larger part of the discussions could easily have been about CK's views on various college coaches -- a wise discussion for an AD to have with a man who was considered a great college offensive mastermind and who still networks with a lot of college coaches to share thoughts on offensive innovations. I don't see Florida going after Scott Frost, but I could see an AD talking to Kelly about a variety of non-Oregon guys.

didn't hear anything about content, only that they had talked...I have no clue, I have no connections to OR or Kelly and am lucky I know a few big booster bull gators that like to "chat" lol

Quick question, we were chatting in Comics General about the "most liquid books" of each era. The original poster was more interested in what books are the easiest to sell, which to me is a bit of a different discussion.

So, as the thread states, Ask Gator...

In your opinion, what Golden Age book is mostly commonly bought and sold. What Golden book do you have the most transactions with in a given year (both buying and selling combined).

Cheers

Quick question, we were chatting in Comics General about the "most liquid books" of each era. The original poster was more interested in what books are the easiest to sell, which to me is a bit of a different discussion.

So, as the thread states, Ask Gator...

In your opinion, what Golden Age book is mostly commonly bought and sold. What Golden book do you have the most transactions with in a given year (both buying and selling combined).

Cheers

on sheer volume, superman 14....buy and sell more than any other GA....

there are other books that would sell as many or more, but they are not as readily available, hence can't buy or sell as many