• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask Gator
13 13

7,544 posts in this topic

Why are Action #4-6 not considered monsters? They have O’Mealia cover art, the covers are top notch and some of the early stories are note worthy (#6 Jimmy Olsen esp.) this question can include (8-9) as well. All the focus appropriately is on 1,2, 7, 10... but I feel 4,5,6,8,9 are all undervalued and appreciated by the industry.

54 minutes ago, cgriffith said:

Why are Action #4-6 not considered monsters? They have O’Mealia cover art, the covers are top notch and some of the early stories are note worthy (#6 Jimmy Olsen esp.) this question can include (8-9) as well. All the focus appropriately is on 1,2, 7, 10... but I feel 4,5,6,8,9 are all undervalued and appreciated by the industry.

This was/is a cover driven, CGC market so the Supe covers will always be tops. That said, I like the 5 because it has the 1st Lois/Superman kiss :x

56 minutes ago, cgriffith said:

Easy answer is no Superman on cover. 
but they are well respected an in demand ...just not as much demand 

19 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Good to hear you were quiet Ritchie. Might get a little different at funeral time.

My county (LA, CA) probably got you beat. We probably have people from other planets here as well.

My city even has a gay, Hispanic mayor. We were pretty desimated on Sunday night's demonstration. A whole area of downtown was looted. Whatever wasn't was broken into and ransacked. Lost a cool vintage vinyl store owned by a black guy who I knew real well. There is also a new comic store that opened end of Feb. I don't know about them. Another friend has a cool antique store that only had it's windows broken. I tried to go to sleep but heard sirens, helicopters and explosions. I had a loaded gun. Really sad because we are such a mellow, diverse, and peaceful college town. Things seem to be back to as normal as possible now.

What happened?  Were the mellow-yellow street lights turned off?  lol

20 hours ago, MrBedrock said:

My county (Fort Bend County Tx.) is 46% White, 19% Black, 11% Asian, 11% Hispanic, and many more. It has been called the most racially diverse county in the country, and it will be the final resting place for George Floyd.

We were also quiet.

That will change drastically when the shipment of Whoopie Cushions" I sent arrives...:whistle:

38 minutes ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:

That will change drastically when the shipment of Whoopie Cushions" I sent arrives...:whistle:

:whatthe::takeit:

17 minutes ago, manetteska said:

Unsure where to post this but would this be considered Siamese pages or something different?

362A4708-C5A7-40C1-A873-8F7E077B4872.jpeg

05E31864-DF01-4830-A4CD-0E022EC86EEA.jpeg

Certainly a variation of Siamese..I sure just  didn’t get cut at the printer. 

1 hour ago, Chicago Boy said:

I bet he says Whiz 22 :) 

That’s the book most personal to me but doesn’t correspond to happiness 

59 minutes ago, Primetime said:

Yup or the Surfer 1 his dad got him at the flea market. 

My first comic and certainly fondness. It’s the only comic I’d never sell (for the right crazy price I’d sell the whiz 22 church. As long as I have a copy I’m good at this point )

On 6/6/2020 at 8:45 AM, Timely said:

On 6/5/2020 at 6:51 PM, manetteska said:

Unsure where to post this but would this be considered Siamese pages or something different?

362A4708-C5A7-40C1-A873-8F7E077B4872.jpeg

05E31864-DF01-4830-A4CD-0E022EC86EEA.jpeg

Siamese. 

So, I’m guessing I have to leave the pages like that and can’t cut them myself? Otherwise green label?

18 minutes ago, manetteska said:

So, I’m guessing I have to leave the pages like that and can’t cut them myself? Otherwise green label?

Gator probably knows, but I’ve always done well contacting CGC directly. And although I’ve never tried it, there’s an “Ask CGC” thread here on the boards: https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/forum/23-ask-cgc/.