• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My Rockford Batman #3 soon to go on ebay!

63 posts in this topic

You RESTORED a Rockford book?????

No wonder you had all those trails about "cleaned comics is the way to go". I simply cannot believe you restored a Rockford book. That's just amazing. You just cost yourself five thousand dollars.

My posts have nothing to do with with this book plus I did not restore this book and

this book really is not restored.

What made you assume that I did any work on this book?

How can you be sure that any work was done on this book as there is NO indication that ANY work was done.

Just because CGC may think so does not meen that it is 100% accurate.

To think that this book would loose $5000 even if it is 100% original is crazy tongue.gif

I only wanted to share this with people who wised to see this pedegree NOT to have smart remaks from you.

DING...DING....DING.....

(In Cossell voice) "And thats the end of Round 1...looks like both fighters were feeling each other out....a coupla jabs, but no real power punches.....I've got the fight scored 10 for Donut, for initiating the action, and 9 for Blue...let's see if round 2 has more action".....DING....."and there's the bell......" grin.gifgrin.gif

Chris

My posts have nothing to do with with this book plus I did not restore this book and this book really is not restored. How can you be sure that any work was done on this book as there is NO indication that ANY work was done. Just because CGC may think so does not meen that it is 100% accurate.

First, my apologies for the assumption. If you didn't have the book cleaned and pressed, it was my error for assuming you did.

But you're missing the entire point of CGC. Whether you think the book was or was not restored is irrelevant. CGC does. And they are the only "third-party" service that is accepted in the market. If they say it was cleaned and pressed, NO MATTER WHAT YOU THINK, the marketplace will agree with them.

How frusterating to have such a sweet book come back with a purple label! (Believe me...I've been there!) Actually, there is a lot of credence to the C and P debate... What if it WASN'T cleaned and pressed? That is a difference of at least $2K! I don't think many Rockford's were restored anyways! Who did you buy this from? Mark Wilson of World's Finest (a few years ago)? Give us some history... I have a few Rockfords... NONE of them were restored! Maybe send it in for a regrade?

What reason would we have to not trust them? Other then speculation from other board members that they cater to Heritage..? Chris Friezen (sp?), probably has just as much restoration expertise as everyone in here combined..it's his rep on the line if he doesn't i.d. a restored book.

Brian

It is easy to spot color touch, tear seals, trimming ect.

Cover cleaning is a different issue.

Susan Ciccone said that the hardest to detect is a cleaning if done properly it is almost impossible to detect.

Indicating that a book was cleaned or just the cover is just a judgement call and nothing else.

Especially if the cover was not removed to do the cleaning.

This book is totally original the staples were never removed the color is perfect and there is no FUNKY smell to the book the gloss is wonderful and there is no ink migration.

There is NOTHING unusual with this book so this was a judgment call and to be honest a big mistake.

I really don't care anyway because it is a beauty that is 100% original, it is a pedegree that is second to Mile High in terms of amout of books in a collection

also this survived over 60 years in a well cared for collection and is one of the best in terms of condition (original condition) this book deserves all the respect it can get. smile.gif