• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Crime SuspenStories 22 club
9 9

727 posts in this topic

I posted this in the WTB forum but I thought you guys should know too, I have $1000 in hand for a midgrade copy.

"Oh what a tale of woe I have to share! I had a nice 3.0 graded copy. I sold it thinking that I would put the funds towards Harley Yee's copy on eBay advertised as a fine-. (Looked like a 4.5 to me.) Anyway, I sold the book on Sunday and right away hit the buy it now on Harley's book. I awoke this morning to an email from Paypal refunding my money with a message saying the book had sold at a convention. So I learned a huge lesson "don't count your EC's before they hatch."

This book is my grail and I really want to find a copy so if anyone has one or knows of one for sale, I would really appreciate it."

My collection is just a pile of painted wood specks without this book.

Update - No knock on Harley, in my dealings, including this one, he has been a stand up guy and even refunded extra for my troubles.

Edited by mldynes

Prices are all over the place. What would be the FMV on a nice cgc 6.0 crmow? A 5.0 sold for just over a 1K but a 4.5 sold for just over 800. I'm curious what someone would be willing to pay for a 6.0 now adays?

800 for a 4.5 and 1k for a 5.0 sound pretty much in the same ballpark. Every book has a FMV range rather than a hard number, especially when PQ and eye-appeal are added in. I'm guessing a solid 6.0 might sell for between 1200- 1500, but could go higher in a particularly insane auction.

As big as the demand is for this book, it's not that hard to find and is still probably cheaper than FAC #20

Prices are all over the place. What would be the FMV on a nice cgc 6.0 crmow? A 5.0 sold for just over a 1K but a 4.5 sold for just over 800. I'm curious what someone would be willing to pay for a 6.0 now adays?

800 for a 4.5 and 1k for a 5.0 sound pretty much in the same ballpark. Every book has a FMV range rather than a hard number, especially when PQ and eye-appeal are added in. I'm guessing a solid 6.0 might sell for between 1200- 1500, but could go higher in a particularly insane auction.

As big as the demand is for this book, it's not that hard to find and is still probably cheaper than FAC #20

Those were just the 2 higher prices I quoted. I was referring more to the 5.5 that sold for 450 in '11 in comparison... Seems to be in early 2011 that this book took a big climb in price... I thought I paid a lot for my 6.0 when I bought it. I'm glad I paid what I did now looking back.

Those were just the 2 higher prices I quoted. I was referring more to the 5.5 that sold for 450 in '11 in comparison... Seems to be in early 2011 that this book took a big climb in price... I thought I paid a lot for my 6.0 when I bought it. I'm glad I paid what I did now looking back.

That's my copy. FWIW, it was a BIN that I saw and bought in the first 20 minutes it was listed. The prices had already started to jump at that point, so I was ecstatic to get it!