• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Crime SuspenStories 22 club
9 9

727 posts in this topic

I posted this in the WTB forum but I thought you guys should know too, I have $1000 in hand for a midgrade copy.

"Oh what a tale of woe I have to share! I had a nice 3.0 graded copy. I sold it thinking that I would put the funds towards Harley Yee's copy on eBay advertised as a fine-. (Looked like a 4.5 to me.) Anyway, I sold the book on Sunday and right away hit the buy it now on Harley's book. I awoke this morning to an email from Paypal refunding my money with a message saying the book had sold at a convention. So I learned a huge lesson "don't count your EC's before they hatch."

This book is my grail and I really want to find a copy so if anyone has one or knows of one for sale, I would really appreciate it."

My collection is just a pile of painted wood specks without this book.

Update - No knock on Harley, in my dealings, including this one, he has been a stand up guy and even refunded extra for my troubles.

This has happened to me 3 times now.. It's so frustrating. Don't these guys take the time to take them down or at least update their sites? It's such a waste of time and they usually don't tefund the fees involved in sending money via pp and then having to withdraw the money again.

I posted this in the WTB forum but I thought you guys should know too, I have $1000 in hand for a midgrade copy.

"Oh what a tale of woe I have to share! I had a nice 3.0 graded copy. I sold it thinking that I would put the funds towards Harley Yee's copy on eBay advertised as a fine-. (Looked like a 4.5 to me.) Anyway, I sold the book on Sunday and right away hit the buy it now on Harley's book. I awoke this morning to an email from Paypal refunding my money with a message saying the book had sold at a convention. So I learned a huge lesson "don't count your EC's before they hatch."

This book is my grail and I really want to find a copy so if anyone has one or knows of one for sale, I would really appreciate it."

Update - No knock on Harley, in my dealings, including this one, he has been a stand up guy and even refunded extra for my troubles.

This has happened to me 3 times now.. It's so frustrating. Don't these guys take the time to take them down or at least update their sites? It's such a waste of time and they usually don't tefund the fees involved in sending money via pp and then having to withdraw the money again.

If it makes you feel any better I had the CSS 22 that Harley was selling in hand at last years Calgary Comic Expo and it was no better than a 4.0.

If it makes you feel any better I had the CSS 22 that Harley was selling in hand at last years Calgary Comic Expo and it was no better than a 4.0.

Not to make this a jump on Harley thread ... but I recently bought a book from him off eBay that was supposedly a fn+. Had an undisclosed staple pop and writing on a couple of inside pages. Pretty clear that it had been graded through the bag. He (or whoever was answering his e-mail) was apologetic and he took the book back, but I was out return postage. I have had other positive dealings with him but he's stretched very thin, which makes buying from him online decidedly iffy.

Karl, was it with you I was discussing getting a CSS 22, back before we started this thread? Those were the days... :luhv:

Yep, definitely was us. I think the copy I have is a keeper and I will leave it at home instead of bringing it to conventions and being tempted.

CSS22-1_zpsb2388598.jpg

Here's a nice one... Should do pretty well. Belongs to a boardie.

Funny how this book has passed the GFC copy of 16 in the same auction. The 16 from what I hear is hard to find in anything above F+ and has a great cover as well.

Funny how this book has passed the GFC copy of 16 in the same auction. The 16 from what I hear is hard to find in anything above F+ and has a great cover as well.

$2200 for the CLink 6.5. Thoughts?

Fairly happy with that, hoped it would go higher, but then isn't that always the case :insane:

Fairly happy with that, hoped it would go higher, but then isn't that always the case :insane:

Truthfully I thought it was pretty high. I'm curious to see how high this book will go now with so many copies floating around.

Truthfully I thought it was pretty high. I'm curious to see how high this book will go now with so many copies floating around.

demand still way exceeds supply

Demand really is high for this book. Though, I tend to prefer 19 and 23 myself since they show in-the-act violence. Wonder if those two will ever get their due?

While high for a mere 2 years ago current market on this book in 4.0 is $1000.00 I would expect a 6.5 to be over 2K. It sold for about the right amount.

Demand really is high for this book. Though, I tend to prefer 19 and 23 myself since they show in-the-act violence. Wonder if those two will ever get their due?

19 and 23 are great covers, but they're not really in the same league as 22 as far as colors, mood, design go ... this one has the full package like few comic covers do.

There's something extra creepy and evil about the 22 cover. How calm the murderer is, presenting his trophy to us maybe, or the oddly claustrophobic and bare room. :shrug: