• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Crime SuspenStories 22 club
9 9

727 posts in this topic

The CGC 8.5 that's on Comic Link is already at $5,000! :o

and a 3.5 is nearly $500. :o

This book is out of control. IMHO - Comparatively, the Vault of Horror#12 should still be the holy grail of EC.

Well that was a nice copy with white pages and probably the first HG copy to come to market for some time... Also, the VOH usually sells for more money anyway in pretty much all grades.

I guess it really just depends on what the individual wants out of their grail. The start of the "new trend" or the one that helped to end that trend. Each has historical significance in their own right.

This book is out of control. IMHO - Comparatively, the Vault of Horror#12 should still be the holy grail of EC.

Well that was a nice copy with white pages and probably the first HG copy to come to market for some time... Also, the VOH usually sells for more money anyway in pretty much all grades.

I guess it really just depends on what the individual wants out of their grail. The start of the "new trend" or the one that helped to end that trend. Each has historical significance in their own right.

I would have agreed with you before, but there's no way a VOH 12 at 8.5 would sell for $6300 (even with white pages).

I would have agreed with you before, but there's no way a VOH 12 at 8.5 would sell for $6300 (even with white pages).

That's why I said usually. I agree that the VOH would not sell for near that amount, but if you look at almost all other grades VOH 12 still sells for more. There's no way a CSS 22 5.5 would Sell for 1300 like the VOH. I think 9 times out of 10 the VOH will still sell for more in mid to lower grades.

The highest grade CSS to sell in the last 2 years was a a 6.0 so I think someone was just waiting to snatch up a nice looking copy.

Edited by Twistty1

That's why I said usually. I agree that the VOH would not sell for near that amount, but if you look at almost all other grades VOH 12 still sells for more. There's no way a CSS 22 5.5 would Sell for 1300 like the VOH. I think 9 times out of 10 the VOH will still sell for more in mid to lower grades.

The highest grade CSS to sell in the last 2 years was a a 6.0 so I think someone was just waiting to snatch up a nice looking copy.

Ok I gotcha. That goes to my question in the CLink thread - does this sale push up the mid grade copies?

Edited by mrmitchgro

Ok I gotcha. That goes to my question in the CLink thread - does this sale push up the mid grade copies?

I didn't think that it would've before, but I've heard of a private sale or two that tells me that the prices for upper mid grades have actually gone up quite a bit. Too bad GPA doesn't have them listed though.

That's a nice lookin 6.5 :)

I wonder why it was graded a 6.5? It looks more like an 8.0 or 8.5. I do see some wear along the spine but the corners are razor sharp... That would be a great opportunity to own a GFC without having to pay top dollar. Too bad I've over extended myself at the moment. :cry:

I dunno about that. Looks like there's a tear above the arm, it's a mite dirty, and the corners don't look all that sharp to me. :shrug:

It's nice, but it definitely looks like it was read and reread a lot more than the other Gaines file copies.