• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Crime SuspenStories 22 club
9 9

727 posts in this topic

I finally got mine! She's a beater, but she's mine. Bought through eBay from a boardie. Thanks Jon!

382331_10150373446368882_572453881_8276045_1697656353_n.jpg

Congrats,

I've been wanting to join this club for a long time and I almost went all out on that book. Instead I settled for Jon's Monster Crime.

lol Did any non-boardies win my books?

Thanks guys, glad these two found good homes. :applause:

I finally got mine! She's a beater, but she's mine. Bought through eBay from a boardie. Thanks Jon!

Congrats,

I've been wanting to join this club for a long time and I almost went all out on that book. Instead I settled for Jon's Monster Crime.

This is like the scene in Rounders where someone asks why they all drive out to AC when they could have just stayed home to take each others' money lol

Nice pickup and welcome to the club!

No one has mentioned the dialog between Sen. Estes Kefauver and

William Gaines in the April 1954 hearings:

Kefauver:

Here is your May 22 issue. This seems to be a man with a

bloody ax holding a woman's head up, which has been

severed from her body. Do you think that is in good taste?"

Gaines:

Yes, sir, I do, for the cover of a horror comic.

A cover in bad taste, for example, might be defined

as holding the head a little higher so that the neck

could be seen dripping blood from it and moving the

body over a little further so that the neck of the

body could be seen to be bloody.

Kefauver:

You have blood coming out of her mouth.

Gaines:

A little.

------------------------------

Priceless. I'd love to hear this - to hear how Gaines said "A little."

For the testimony, see: http://www.thecomicbooks.com/gaines.html

Congrats,

What're you doin' selling the good stuff???

Congrats,

This is like the scene in Rounders where someone asks why they all drive out to AC when they could have just stayed home to take each others' money lol

Nice pickup and welcome to the club!

Thanks All - its good to belong. I have it right beside my MM 15. These two just go together.

cs22-mm15_sm.jpg

Mine's at CGC and should be back home soon. I'll post it when it arrives. :cloud9:

Mine as well. Have owned it since the late 80's and it has never been out of my possession, so I am ready to get it back. The status changed on Friday and hopefully it grades tomorrow. It hits 20 business days on Wednesday, so it should be soon. Hoping for a 5.0. I wish the Bill Gaines sig on the first page could be recognized, but what are you going to do?

Mine's at CGC and should be back home soon. I'll post it when it arrives. :cloud9:

Mine as well. Have owned it since the late 80's and it has never been out of my possession, so I am ready to get it back. The status changed on Friday and hopefully it grades tomorrow. It hits 20 business days on Wednesday, so it should be soon. Hoping for a 5.0. I wish the Bill Gaines sig on the first page could be recognized, but what are you going to do?

It should state "Bill Gaines written in pen on the 1st page" on the label. I have a Mad#1 like that.

Well, it is "graded". I was hoping for a 5.5, thinking it would more than likely come back a 5.0. Well, it came back as a 4.5 with c/ow pages. Agree with the page quality, not the grade. Also, the other two books I submitted came back a 1/2 grade lower than I expected, also with c/ow pages. I can live with the grades, but the books did not have c/ow pages. After seeing those SC books and their respective grades, and now mine, this may be my last submission for a very long time. Sour grapes? Not at all. Just being realistic.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread topic.

Edited by Wrightson fan

I wouldn't let the lower grade get you down about it Scott, you loved the book all that time and it's still the same book! :cloud9:

CGC seems to have tightened up a bit on GA the last few months...the few SC books notwithstanding, the HG BW books look sharp as a tack.

I wouldn't let the lower grade get you down about it Scott, you loved the book all that time and it's still the same book! :cloud9:

CGC seems to have tightened up a bit on GA the last few months...the few SC books notwithstanding, the HG BW books look sharp as a tack.

Tightened up to the point of bondage IMO. :insane: The CSS 22 is never going anywhere, so it may get the crack job when it returns.

I know that a lot of the Northford copies have c/ow pages, but I am at a loss for words about the other two I submitted. I will get over it, just a little bummed at the moment. They are just funny books, not life or death. :shy:

As for the Wright books, you are correct. They are beautiful.