• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Crime SuspenStories 22 club
9 9

727 posts in this topic

I'm not able to post a pic at the moment, but I just joined the club. I bought my copy from Ted at Superworld at the London Con last Saturday.

Ted had just taken the book in trade from another boardie, and I was able to work out a great deal with him to take it off his hands.

I had gone to the show with a few books in mind that I would like to buy, and this one was right at the top of the list.

It's probably a vg but presents nicely, with no pieces missing or writing or other staining to the cover.

I've been lucky to buy a few key books in low to mid grade in recent years, but this one is my favorite. Every time I look at it I can't help but smile. It really is a beautiful book and I am delighted to own it. :whee:

Mine is no high grader, but I love it!

CCF02262012_0002.jpg[/img]

Same with my copy but I love it anyhow. :cloud9:

Nice copy. Harley Yee had a VG copy at the Yorba Linda show about 6 weeks ago and he wanted about $800.00 for it. Is that the going rate for a VG copy?

Nice copy. Harley Yee had a VG copy at the Yorba Linda show about 6 weeks ago and he wanted about $800.00 for it. Is that the going rate for a VG copy?

I don't think there is a going rate because it fluctuates so wildly. About a year or so ago, a VG+ copy sold for in the $900 range. I think the seller/buyer was one of the boardies. I've seen copies go for $150-$200 one month, $500+ another month. (If I can get my act together to start selling again, I might be auctioning a copy on eBay in a couple weeks. I don't really care what it sells for as long as the bidding activity is fun to watch.)

Speaking of CSS #22, I recently noticed a company that sells T-shirts of various comic-book images. This one looks like a winner, though it would probably not go over well in many environments (see below). There are other EC shirts that are a little more all-purpose, my favorite being the Weird Science-Fantasy #29 shirt with Frazetta cover. (Disclaimer: I have no affiliation or connection to this website, I just think it's cool.)

123253.jpg.13e9262dac36470e082bc794a767ebf3.jpg

Mine is no high grader, but I love it!

CCF02262012_0002.jpg[/img]

Same with my copy but I love it anyhow. :cloud9:

That seems crazy high! I think you should be able to get a decent VG copy in the 400-500 range at least. There is a CS22 on feebay for 900 and that seems pretty steep but its a classic cover and some will pay the price for it!