• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy 15, Detective 29 Coverless Closed

17 posts in this topic

Amazing Fantasy 15 CGC 1.0

Super nice looking book that CGC killed. Tape stains on the spine, name on front with tear under it, but no pieces missing and off white to white pages. Has not been pressed. $3500 $2500 with cash or money order, $2700 paypal.

fantasy15.jpg

fantasy15a.jpg

fantasy15bk.jpg

Detective comes 29 Coverless with several issues.

1st 4 wraps married and the centerfold is from a 3rd book.

1st wrap is split with chipping and the lower right panel was replaced by Matt Nelson

3rd wrap has a panel missing

4th wrap has small piece out of the last panel

several extra staple holes along spine in the book except for the first 4 wraps and the centerfold.

No staples in the book at all

The good things are that the pager quality is very nice cream to off white

Complete book that is great for parts or to have a reader copy.

Price is $1500 shipped check or money order, $1600 paypal.

First Wrap

detetcive29coverless1.jpg

Back of 1st wrap

detetcive29coverless3.jpg

3rd wrap

detetcive29coverless2.jpg

Centerfold

detetcive29coverless4.jpg

Batman 1 removed as it's not for sale yet.

First :takeit: gets it or email me at jgallony@aol.com with questions or offers. Emails over pms.

Thanks

James G

Cool book! I hope to own it someday. How did CGC kill it?

Yes on the grade. I see 1.0 books with large pieces missing that look horrible. This has a lot of staining which I assume is the reason for a 1.0 grade. I thought this would be a 1.8 with maybe a shot at a 2.0 since the page quality was high and there are no pieces out.

As such I have it priced higher then 1.0, but since it IMO presents more like a 1.8 or 2.0 that is what I feel it is worth. Buy the book not the grade.

James G

That was a harsh grade on the 1.0. Eye balling it, it looks at least a minimum of a 1.5

Agreed. 1.0 is pretty harsh for a book with no major pieces missing and presumably still has an attached cover.

I believe the staple is pulled at the bottom but the cover is still attached.

I had this graded on site in Chicago which usually helps books, but I guess in this case it had the opposite effect.

James G

That was a harsh grade on the 1.0. Eye balling it, it looks at least a minimum of a 1.5

Agreed. 1.0 is pretty harsh for a book with no major pieces missing and presumably still has an attached cover.

I believe the staple is pulled at the bottom but the cover is still attached.

I had this graded on site in Chicago which usually helps books, but I guess in this case it had the opposite effect.

James G

James, I have a showcase 22 with exactly the same issues down to the bottom staple pull. As with your book, it presents as at least a 2-2.5 and has off white pages. I also received a 1.0 grade on that book so you are not alone. I agree you have a great looking book!.

Cheers

Sanj

IF the tape was there, I could see it being a 1.0, but with only the residue, I'd think this would be a solid 1.5 FR/GD with just the residue present. I'd think this should be a resubmit as I've seen other 1.5 copies that looked MUCH lower grade than this copy.

I'd think this would also make for an excellent resto candidate--if you or your buyer are into that realm of collecting--as it lacks the marvel chipping and otherwise looks to be much more structurally complete than other copies in this grade range.

Good luck on the sale!

(thumbs u

Cool book! I hope to own it someday. How did CGC kill it?

Yes on the grade. I see 1.0 books with large pieces missing that look horrible. This has a lot of staining which I assume is the reason for a 1.0 grade. I thought this would be a 1.8 with maybe a shot at a 2.0 since the page quality was high and there are no pieces out.

As such I have it priced higher then 1.0, but since it IMO presents more like a 1.8 or 2.0 that is what I feel it is worth. Buy the book not the grade.

James G

Exactly. I wouldn't worry about the grade. Low grade collectors (like myself) will often spend over GPA like rates for a book with specific defects that present well. I think the prices on low grade books vary widely because of that. I'm sure you'll find the right buyer eventually.

I'm guessing it got the 1.0 due to the large tears on the cover. Maybe they go deep into the book. As was stated earlier, the tape stains shouldn't have "killed it" nor should the writing on the cover for that matter.

Definitely a very nice well presenting 1.0 that should go for a respectable price. Good luck! (thumbs u