• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A few words about a great forumite.

154 posts in this topic

WTF does CBCA stand for? (shrug)

Comic Book Collectors' Association. Basically, the primary focus of this organization is about education--the collecting hobby, comics as a whole, etc. I for one had no interest in NOD as pressing and resto is only a part of the hobby. I did join the CBCA, however, because I am very interested in the education of collectors and mainstream culture about comics being an educator myself.

Comic Book Collecting Association

What do they do?

What are trying to do? It's hard enough to answer these questions legitimately. Even more so when you are the one asking the questions.

Dude. I'm serious. I thought there was still a NOD. Now I learn that there is no NOD.

I'm just curious. :frustrated:

In a nutshell, NOD lite or a kinder, gentler NOD. I'm sure I'll be taken to task for that bare bones of a rendering.

Thank you for that informative post. Go back to being a smartass because you suck at enlightening the masses.

What do they do?

What are trying to do? It's hard enough to answer these questions legitimately. Even more so when you are the one asking the questions.

Dude. I'm serious. I thought there was still a NOD. Now I learn that there is no NOD.

In a nutshell, NOD lite or a kinder, gentler NOD. I'm sure I'll be taken to task for that bare bones of a rendering.

Thank you for that informative post. Go back to being a smartass because you suck at enlightening the masses.

I did it begrudgingly. Don't worry. With me posting that, someone will be along soon to correct me and give you more information than you ever wanted just so I can be proven incorrect. Consider it my gift to you. How's that? :foryou:

What do they do?

I did it begrudgingly. Don't worry. With me posting that, someone will be along soon to correct me and give you more information than you ever wanted just so I can proven incorrect. Consider it my gift to you. How's that? :foryou:

You're so sweet to me. :cloud9:

Who is this robojo33 character I keep hearing so much about? (shrug)

And don't tell me to use the search function to figure it out on my own... :mad:

Come to NYCC next year and I'll let you room with greggy.

Can we all share and have a spoon train? ^^

Now I've been happy lately,

thinking about the good things to come

And I believe it could be,

something good has begun

Oh I've been smiling lately,

dreaming about the world as one

And I believe it could be,

some day it's going to come

Cause out on the edge of darkness,

there rides a *spoon* train

Oh *spoon* train take this greggy,

come take me home again

What do they do?

Thats pretty hurtful. We spent months creating the CBCA. It was not a task of redeveloping the NOD, we created an entirely different org. I know that me, monkeyman, comicdonna,zipper,agnes,and others spent alot of time developing this.. I know the point you are trying to make, but honestly they have nothing to do with each other.

What was the reason he was kicked out?

If he's willing to disclose any work done to books that he is selling then he should be fine, so obviously he wasn't kicked out for that...if it's because he offers the service and they feel it creates a conflict of interest then that is not fair at all...if it's because they want him to provide a list of all books and CGC cert #'s of books he presses then THAT is wrong, as it would violate any confidentiality held between himself and his clientele.

Super nice guy, great service.

Not sure of the dynamics behind the decision but I have heard through the grapevine that Marnin had a hissy fit when I went public with my pressing. It was called the "joeypost" rule where I needed to be incorporated, had to disclose on ebay or whatever venue I sold book in. The part I did not agree with was a list of all the books I worked on and customers. NO ONE is ever going to do that.

I cannot remember if I stepped down or was removed first. It is all rather hazy but the end result was the same. The NOD at the time basically kicked out one of the few pro-pressers that actively disclosed.

What was the old expression; "A house divided against itself cannot stand". NOD no longer exists and I see CBCA is making strides in the right direction. Getting rid of Mr. Rosenberg was paramount for any future success. I for one am glad to see they took this step.

I seem to recall you resigned your membership right about the time a couple of the NOD I-diots were bashing me on their boards for daring to flip a book here on the Forums at FMV a few weeks after I purchased it on ebay. The general distasteful nature of that entire thread rubbed a lot of people, including several NOD members, the wrong way.

Straw that broke the camel's back, I believe is the phrase you used... :foryou:

What was the reason he was kicked out?

If he's willing to disclose any work done to books that he is selling then he should be fine, so obviously he wasn't kicked out for that...if it's because he offers the service and they feel it creates a conflict of interest then that is not fair at all...if it's because they want him to provide a list of all books and CGC cert #'s of books he presses then THAT is wrong, as it would violate any confidentiality held between himself and his clientele.

Super nice guy, great service.

Not sure of the dynamics behind the decision but I have heard through the grapevine that Marnin had a hissy fit when I went public with my pressing. It was called the "joeypost" rule where I needed to be incorporated, had to disclose on ebay or whatever venue I sold book in. The part I did not agree with was a list of all the books I worked on and customers. NO ONE is ever going to do that.

I cannot remember if I stepped down or was removed first. It is all rather hazy but the end result was the same. The NOD at the time basically kicked out one of the few pro-pressers that actively disclosed.

What was the old expression; "A house divided against itself cannot stand". NOD no longer exists and I see CBCA is making strides in the right direction. Getting rid of Mr. Rosenberg was paramount for any future success. I for one am glad to see they took this step.

I seem to recall you resigned your membership right about the time a couple of the NOD I-diots were bashing me on their boards for daring to flip a book here on the Forums at FMV a few weeks after I purchased it on ebay. The general distasteful nature of that entire thread rubbed a lot of people, including several NOD members, the wrong way.

Straw that broke the camel's back, I believe is the phrase you used... :foryou:

I remember that! I didnt care for that at all :mad:

My conversations with Joey go a little something like this:

Jeff: AYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Joey: OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

What normally takes a 30 minute for most people to catch up and see how each are doing, it takes us about 8 seconds.

In all seriousness, Joey is one of the nicest people I know in this industry and I consider him a friend.

I want to play too. I got an invoice from Joey one time and it looked a little light. I PM'd Joey and asked him about it and he said the invoice was right and he did not want to come off as greedy!!!!!

He now has a customer for life. Certain other pressers try to squeeze every last nickel out of you. I won't mention any names...

If you have never met or chatted with Joeypost, you have missed out. I have had many conversations with Joey over my time here, asked many questions and always received answers. He seems to have a wealth of knowledge that is rarely tapped into here.

The point of this thread is this. Ethics.. Joey runs CFP comics. A pressing service, which is his business. I have used him a few times, and always pleased with the results. But the main point is the man running it. Joey has disclosed pressing longer than I have known what it is. He was a member of the NOD, and a big influence on me when I first joined them. Unfortunately, while I was on my honey moon he was kicked out. The reasoning behind this never has, and never will sit well with me. Joey has always been honest, and for me to make a long winded post about ANY individual should speak volumes.

My last submission to Joey blew my mind! I subbed 4 books. 2 slabs, and 2 raw. The 2 raw books looked amazing, and I mean he really worked miracles here. But he returned a slab to me??? He explained that he did not think it would be wise to crack the book out, and that it should be left as is. Honesty.. Not great for a business model if greed is king, but great for customer service. I can say with complete faith I will be using Joey for years to come.

So a big thank you to Joeypost! One of the true straight shooters here. It is appreciated :applause:

If you are thinking of getting Joey a slab or a signature series slab as a"thank you" gift for all his good work, just make sure if it's a modern that it's not a 9.6 or lower.

He may just fart in your general direction. :kidaround:

I want to play too. I got an invoice from Joey one time and it looked a little light. I PM'd Joey and asked him about it and he said the invoice was right and he did not want to come off as greedy!!!!!

He now has a customer for life. Certain other pressers try to squeeze every last nickel out of you. I won't mention any names...

Not only that, he is FAST! I don't know if he stay's up until 2:00AM every night but how he does so many books so quickly and still has a day job is beyond me.

What normally takes a 30 minute for most people to catch up and see how each are doing, it takes us about 8 seconds.

In all seriousness, Joey is one of the nicest people I know in this industry and I consider him a friend.

Ditto Jeff. Go Yankees. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Ditto Jeff. Go Yankees. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Now we have a problem Joe.. GO PHILLIES!!!!

It's possible I'm screwing up the intonation of those sound words, but they appear to be very...intimate. (shrug)hm

brokeback_mountain.jpg