• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A few words about a great forumite.

154 posts in this topic

If it's not a business support thread, nor a Kudos thread, maybe we need a Bromance Forum? hm

Im sorry Doc. But people have no right twisting my words. I am sure that anything can be taken out of context to suit ones needs. But I am not the person to start that krap with..

Look, I know I give you a hard time, but consider the source. Anyone with common sense knows this thread isn't an advertisement. It's a bromance thread.

<3

If it's not a business support thread, nor a Kudos thread, maybe we need a Bromance Forum? hm

We can do a monthly sacrifice to the originators...

celebrity-pictures-winter-reeves-original-bromance.jpg

I vote we sacrifice Gator for having the hots for my wife!!

P.S. she said you are handsome Rick, just too old lol

:headbang: and :cry: we all know my wife won't let me date anyway :baiting:

I am proud for Pat...good morals, great wife and kid, young and energenic...got some real passion (thumbs u

I vote we sacrifice Gator for having the hots for my wife!!

Gator did that to you too?

:censored:

naturally, totally complimentary... I am only "allowed" to have the hots for my wife :luhv:

NOD is gone and the CBCA has done its best to correct missteps of the past. I like and respect Joey, and have told him that I agree the situation was handled poorly.

Essentially, a few members were concerned a presser among the NOD membership would cause a PR disaster, so a rule was implemented making it very difficult to be a presser and a NOD member... basically forcing Joey out. At the time, the membership was split on this rule and it was very contentious.

The past is the past. The CBCA is a different organization with a different leadership who are focused on a positive mission.

:hi:

As far as I know the NOD officers who (mis)handled this issue have nothing to do with the CBCA, which perhaps is telling in and of itself. I can't remember if I was General Counsel at the time but as far as I recall I knew nothing about it and had to even ask Joey later on what the heck happened. doh!

When the CBCA went public (and maybe even a tad before) Joey was one of the first people I privately contacted to invite him to join. I hope he will still consider doing so. :hi:

NOD is gone and the CBCA has done its best to correct missteps of the past. I like and respect Joey, and have told him that I agree the situation was handled poorly.

Essentially, a few members were concerned a presser among the NOD membership would cause a PR disaster, so a rule was implemented making it very difficult to be a presser and a NOD member... basically forcing Joey out. At the time, the membership was split on this rule and it was very contentious.

The past is the past. The CBCA is a different organization with a different leadership who are focused on a positive mission.

:hi:

As far as I know the NOD officers who (mis)handled this issue have nothing to do with the CBCA, which perhaps is telling in and of itself. I can't remember if I was General Counsel at the time but as far as I recall I knew nothing about it and had to even ask Joey later on what the heck happened. doh!

When the CBCA went public (and maybe even a tad before) Joey was one of the first people I privately contacted to invite him to join. I hope he will still consider doing so. :hi:

I hope he will too! (thumbs u

If you have never met or chatted with Joeypost, you have missed out. I have had many conversations with Joey over my time here, asked many questions and always received answers. He seems to have a wealth of knowledge that is rarely tapped into here.

The point of this thread is this. Ethics.. Joey runs CFP comics. A pressing service, which is his business. I have used him a few times, and always pleased with the results. But the main point is the man running it. Joey has disclosed pressing longer than I have known what it is. He was a member of the NOD, and a big influence on me when I first joined them. Unfortunately, while I was on my honey moon he was kicked out. The reasoning behind this never has, and never will sit well with me. Joey has always been honest, and for me to make a long winded post about ANY individual should speak volumes.

My last submission to Joey blew my mind! I subbed 4 books. 2 slabs, and 2 raw. The 2 raw books looked amazing, and I mean he really worked miracles here. But he returned a slab to me??? He explained that he did not think it would be wise to crack the book out, and that it should be left as is. Honesty.. Not great for a business model if greed is king, but great for customer service. I can say with complete faith I will be using Joey for years to come.

So a big thank you to Joeypost! One of the true straight shooters here. It is appreciated :applause:

Couldn't agree more...have known Joe for a few years, done a lot of business with him and have often talked his ear off about this, that and the other. (Well OK, he talks a lot too!) Anyway, he is a class act all the way around! (thumbs u