• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

75 Years Of DC Comics

671 posts in this topic

Pardon me while I whip this out...

75yeardcbook.jpg

Huge is right... :o

It can't possibly be that big!

(let the humorous posts ensue!)

I think it's quite obvious - the book is normal sized but 40sJohn is an elf.

That is why he cropped his curly shoes out of the picture.

Close. It's actually a Big Little book.

Ken

Don't know if this was posted, but it's from the Taschen site:

http://www.taschen.com/lookinside/06749/index.htm

I am really excited about this book!

Wow - I can see scans from all my comics. How fabulous.

And talking of fabulous, the cover for Justice League Of America 50, keeping continuity with the past.

105376.jpg.f70e5ec9edc9ecc49a88d33d15adca80.jpg

And talking of fabulous, the cover for Justice League Of America 50, keeping continuity with the past.

Are you able to see how this sort of comment leads to snide remarks about being a self-promoter? (shrug)

Are you able to see how this sort of comment leads to snide remarks about being a self-promoter? (shrug)
No, he doesn't. Which is why it's like trying to get mad at a brick wall.

I was kind of on your side but now it is starting to look like a big ego trip. Stroke it much?

I was kind of on your side but now it is starting to look like a big ego trip. Stroke it much?

Starting to? Pretty much always been that way with Ian. lol

I may be being dense here, but this is a forum about comics, the Taschen book is about the entire history of DC with thousands of illustrations, and I helped.

So I come on here to share it, full on enthusiasm, but get accused of self promotion.

At the risk of making myself incredibly unpopular on here (but I already seem to be anyway), I'm rapidly coming to the conclusion that most of you are nuts.

this thread has come full circle.

personally i think the book looks immense, and if i had any part of it i would feel justified in being proud of that achievment.

green is a colour that looks better on the hulk than some of you guys.

Starting to? Pretty much always been that way with Ian. lol

If you examine his posts, you find that he always posts in threads either about him or started by him. There was one rare occasion a few months ago when he posted in a couple other threads, but that only something about sweaty guys going commando... Not that there's anything wrong with that.

personally i think the book looks immense, and if i had any part of it i would feel justified in being proud of that achievment.

Jealousy has nothing to do with it. Why don't you spend a little time reading up on his past posting history before you start making judgment calls? Yeah, I know he has all the DC comics ever printed and that is an accomplishment, but come on. Given his background in music, you'd think he could hum a different tune every once in a while.

In the movie Patton, George S admits that he's a prima donna and says what he can't stand about Montgomery is that he won't admit it.

C'mon Ian admit it. :baiting: Nothing wrong with being a self promoter. You have a stunning collection that I, for one, would be proud to own but let's face it, it's always all about you. lol

lol Just like the endless scanner threads, comic tracking software threads, Doug Schmell threads, ad nauseum, couldn't you guys just do a search on 'Ian_Levine is an individual_without_enough_empathy' and bump one of the old ones? Some of us are here to wish people Happy Birthday.

Jealousy has nothing to do with it. Why don't you spend a little time reading up on his past posting history before you start making judgment calls? Yeah, I know he has all the DC comics ever printed and that is an accomplishment, but come on. Given his background in music, you'd think he could hum a different tune every once in a while.

i am speaking for myself.

i am supportive of his achievment because i love DC comics, but i would also be equally supportive if i was a marvel-head, because what he has achieved is remarkable.

i don't care if he has an ego the size of manhatten island, that's irrelevant to me.

you have taken it upon yourself to speak for everyone who is having a pop at him by saying there is no jealously involved?

sorry, but i think not.

you have taken it upon yourself to speak for everyone who is having a pop at him by saying there is no jealously involved?

sorry, but i think not.

Let me make one thing clear, white bread, I would never take on the task of speaking for everyone here. I would rather attempt a claim at being Jesus Christ. At least that way I would get a few loaves of bread and a couple of fishes out of the deal.

i am speaking for myself.

i am supportive of his achievment because i love DC comics, but i would also be equally supportive if i was a marvel-head, because what he has achieved is remarkable.

i don't care if he has an ego the size of manhatten island, that's irrelevant to me.

sorry, but i think not.

Is there a reason you don't use capital letters at the beginning of a sentence ?

Or anywhere else for that matter.