• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

75 Years Of DC Comics

671 posts in this topic

i am speaking for myself.

i am supportive of his achievment because i love DC comics, but i would also be equally supportive if i was a marvel-head, because what he has achieved is remarkable.

i don't care if he has an ego the size of manhatten island, that's irrelevant to me.

you have taken it upon yourself to speak for everyone who is having a pop at him by saying there is no jealously involved?

sorry, but i think not.

Is there a reason you don't use capital letters at the beginning of a sentence ?

Or anywhere else for that matter.

yes there is.

is there a reason you live in belgium?

i am speaking for myself.

i am supportive of his achievment because i love DC comics, but i would also be equally supportive if i was a marvel-head, because what he has achieved is remarkable.

i don't care if he has an ego the size of manhatten island, that's irrelevant to me.

you have taken it upon yourself to speak for everyone who is having a pop at him by saying there is no jealously involved?

sorry, but i think not.

Is there a reason you don't use capital letters at the beginning of a sentence ?

Or anywhere else for that matter.

yes there is.

is there a reason you live in belgium?

Deflecting and answering a question with another question...now there's a man with a hidden agenda if I ever saw one.

I think that DC made a mistake with the dimensions of this book. It's 15 pounds. It's the size of a grown man's torso. Why not make it a little smaller and split it into multiple volumes in a nice slipcase? You know, and make it so that you can actually read.

sorry, but i think not.

Let me make one thing clear, white bread, I would never take on the task of speaking for everyone here. I would rather attempt a claim at being Jesus Christ. At least that way I would get a few loaves of bread and a couple of fishes out of the deal.

i never said everyone here.

if you read what i said (which you quoted), and read what you said (which you did not re-quote), you can plainly see my response was not an unreasonable one.

my hulk comment was not directed at you, yet you took it upon yourself to answer for them. as for the white bread comment, it's not insulting enough for you, nor is it remotely funny.

you should stick to cartoon characterizations.

that appears to be your niche.

sorry, but i think not.

Let me make one thing clear, white bread, I would never take on the task of speaking for everyone here. I would rather attempt a claim at being Jesus Christ. At least that way I would get a few loaves of bread and a couple of fishes out of the deal.

if you read what i said (which you quoted), and read what you said (which you did not re-quote), you can plainly see my response was not an unreasonable one.

my hulk comment was not directed at you, yet you took it upon yourself to answer for them. as for the white bread comment, it's not insulting enough for you, nor is it remotely funny.

You're an intriguing lad. You seem to know how insulting I can get, yet you aren't familiar with Ian's posting style. Interesting... hm

You're an intriguing lad. You seem to know how insulting I can get, yet you aren't familiar with Ian's posting style. Interesting... hm

Baloney. I don't think he's necessarily a shill. What I think is that he's a newbie who wants to rub off some credibility by defending what a majority of folks here see as self-aggrandizing behavior. For the record, I can safely say that I have no jealousy toward Ian. There are lots of stinky DCs I'd rather not bother owning. Same goes for Marvels. In fact, I've never really understood the completionist mentality.

But, collect what you want. Just don't come here looking for help in your quest, take advantage of the board and only return when your horn needs clearing of the dust that's built up.

Are you able to see how this sort of comment leads to snide remarks about being a self-promoter?

Nope.

Sorry.

Not in the SLIGHTEST

I may be being dense here, but this is a forum about comics, the Taschen book is about the entire history of DC with thousands of illustrations, and I helped.

So I come on here to share it, full on enthusiasm, but get accused of self promotion.

At the risk of making myself incredibly unpopular on here (but I already seem to be anyway), I'm rapidly coming to the conclusion that most of you are nuts.

Yes, you are dense.

My mother told me when I was little: Nobody likes a showoff

It's a lesson you seem to have never learned.

A neutral comment such as 'the reproduction quality in the book is fabulous' would have sufficed.

Most of us nuts? That's the problem with dirty glasses. :gossip:

this thread has come full circle.

personally i think the book looks immense, and if i had any part of it i would feel justified in being proud of that achievment.

green is a colour that looks better on the hulk than some of you guys.

I like that.

You're my new best friend

I really don't see the point in all this "Ian bashing", you guys say he is a show off, seriously, what is the point? Let's talk about comics...

In that vein, the book looks awesome. Some of the collected hardcovers and comic history related projects that have come out in the last few years have been great!

Anyone buy the DC year by year hardcover? Any good?

Ian Ian Ian. My words will be proven true once you fade away again after your latest look at me posts. All you newer members keep yours eyes open and see what happens. Ian will only reappear when someone talks about the other full DC collections out there, or DC Bartman, or he works on some other comics project some time.

I'm lost. What is wrong with someone only posting when there is a discussion they are interested in? I don't see the problem here ...