• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic-Keys Policy Clarification

38 posts in this topic

Just for the record, my auctions have ended from comic-keys for over a year. I have three SA books coming back from CGC in April. He has told me that there won't be a problem getting a refund if I'm not satisfied with the grading...mine is just a 'paltry' $700 but still not chump change either.

I'll keep ya updated.

Welcome to the club!! Glad you got your $$ back, and encourage you to PM oldguy with your "testimonial". thumbsup2.gif

Yea, I'd love to post that story on my web page. Just say the word Burntboy and I'll post it.

I guess I could just post a link to this thread in the testimonials section. confused-smiley-013.gif

Has anyone ever submitted a book to CGC purchased from him that came back with a blue label, or even heard of someone that did?? confused-smiley-013.gif

Has anyone ever submitted a book to CGC purchased from him that came back with a blue label, or even heard of someone that did?? confused-smiley-013.gif

I was just going to ask that! I've been wondering this for a long time.

I've received a lot of e-mail as a result of the website. It ranges from the bizarre to the informative, but no one has ever contacted me to say they purchased a raw book from him, submitted to CGC and had it come back blue label. Obviously this doesn't mean it hasn't happened, but I haven't heard about it if it has.

But the same logic applies to unrestored books as does to restored. I don't think that 80% of the people that buy from him submit their books. If that's true then 80% of people that he sells to could technical be getting unrestored books and we wouldn't know about it.

I don't think that 80% of the people that buy from him submit their books. If that's true then 80% of people that he sells to could technical be getting unrestored books and we wouldn't know about it.

I'd like to double-down at this point if I could... 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I don't think that 80% of the people that buy from him submit their books. If that's true then 80% of people that he sells to could technical be getting unrestored books and we wouldn't know about it.

27_laughing.gif Yea right!

27_laughing.gif Yea right!

mad.gif

Welcome to the club!! Glad you got your $$ back, and encourage you to PM oldguy with your "testimonial". thumbsup2.gif

Yea, I'd love to post that story on my web page. Just say the word Burntboy and I'll post it.

WORD! this is my 500th post 893applaud-thumb.gif

Congrats! I cant wait to be a Collectosaurus Rex!! Btw, who makes up those names anyways??? confused-smiley-013.gif

and, yes, he now has 3 very nice restored Key SA books which are slabbed and ready to sell, if he chooses. one of the ASM's was a slightly restored 9.0 and the AF#15 was a slightly restored 8.5. (not too shabby!) 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Which books were the other two? He may get lazy or greedy one day and unslab your PLODs and sell 'em on eBay without acknowledging the resto ?

and, yes, he now has 3 very nice restored Key SA books which are slabbed and ready to sell, if he chooses. one of the ASM's was a slightly restored 9.0 and the AF#15 was a slightly restored 8.5. (not too shabby!) 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Which books were the other two? He may get lazy or greedy one day and unslab your PLODs and sell 'em on eBay without acknowledging the resto ?

"may?"

"may?"

I was thinking he probably already has relisted and sold them.

"may?"

Well, a poor choice of word, I guess smile.gif He won't get greedy, he already IS greedy. But is he lazy (or nervy, or crazy) enough that he'd just post those same books, cracked from their slabs, and list them as unrestored in eBay auctions? That would seem like a foolish move even for Danny Boy...?