• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hollywood Treasures on SYFY Tonight

24 posts in this topic

Is anyone else less than impressed with the "certification" that goes on for this show?

I like the show and seeing some cool items, but these geniuses felt the need to take the OA to FF #12 to Stan Lee to authenticate it? Maybe they do know about other stuff, but the looked silly with this one and it has made me question everything that they do.

It's more for the cameras than anything else. Going to Poster Mountain for a crash course on restoration and declaring "Now I'm ready to authenticate the poster" (referring to the FRANKENSTEIN 6sh) is laughable. It was a chance to give a nod to Poster Mountain and Metro. No harm, no foul.

Going to Poster Mountain for a crash course on restoration and declaring "Now I'm ready to authenticate the poster" (referring to the FRANKENSTEIN 6sh) is laughable.

Wait until they have to certify the original Catwoman suit from the TV show and go for pole dancing classes so they can move like Julie Newmar.

Then they'll really be ready to certify the suit.

pole-dancing.jpg

It's more for the cameras than anything else. Going to Poster Mountain for a crash course on restoration and declaring "Now I'm ready to authenticate the poster" (referring to the FRANKENSTEIN 6sh) is laughable. It was a chance to give a nod to Poster Mountain and Metro. No harm, no foul.

Yeah, the poster thing was silly too.

Cameras or no, if I were in their shoes, I'd be careful about this stuff. They have big spenders bidding on their items and if they look silly or sloppy, they're going to lose money.

:sumo:

Was not!

We learned the yellow and red colors fade first on these posters. And if you repeat it a few times during the show, it really emphasizes the yellow and red colors fade first.

:ohnoez:

Going to Poster Mountain for a crash course on restoration and declaring "Now I'm ready to authenticate the poster" (referring to the FRANKENSTEIN 6sh) is laughable.

Wait until they have to certify the original Catwoman suit from the TV show and go for pole dancing classes so they can move like Julie Newmar.

Then they'll really be ready to certify the suit.

pole-dancing.jpg

As long at it's Tracey going to the classes, I'm all for it :devil:

Cameras or no, if I were in their shoes, I'd be careful about this stuff. They have big spenders bidding on their items and if they look silly or sloppy, they're going to lose money.

Oh, they've taken a hit recently and it had nothing to do with the show. In my opinion, the show's going to help their business quite a bit. My take on it is the collectors in their respective hobbies can distinguish between reality and hyperbole, so they go after the "wow" factor: attention grabbing items with attention grabbing auction estimates. Makes for entertaining TV

• Administrator

On the entertaining TV note, I chuckled when they were examining the rare Green Hornet Bruce Lee collectibles while sitting outside by the guy's waterfall...I kinda wanted someone to go "oops, I just dropped your priceless -script in the pond and the koi are nibbling on it...awwww" lol

I got a kick out of their "authentication process" for the Mary Poppins bag. Freezing a frame on the DVD and matching it up to the bag leaves a bit to be desired when it comes to authentication. I'm sure much more went into it and that was done for the show's sake, but it was a "WTF?" moment lol

I guess for the general tv audience, it makes for good TV...but I can only imagine fishler and vinny listening to this guy tell them (the experts) what it "is" worth... lol

Fishler had a shocked look on his face when Maddalena threw out the 2-3M number. Maybe he had a "wtf" moment, too lol

I doubt it. Fishler would know the value of that poster better than anyone on the planet. I'm sure he's been receiving offers for years.

Fishler had a shocked look on his face when Maddalena threw out the 2-3M number. Maybe he had a "wtf" moment, too lol

I doubt it. Fishler would know the value of that poster better than anyone on the planet. I'm sure he's been receiving offers for years.

I meant "wtf" as in "wtf is guy talking about" (thumbs u

Is anyone else less than impressed with the "certification" that goes on for this show?

I like the show and seeing some cool items, but these geniuses felt the need to take the OA to FF #12 to Stan Lee to authenticate it? Maybe they do know about other stuff, but the looked silly with this one and it has made me question everything that they do.

I got the impression they went to Stan not to authenticate it, but to get his opinion to help determine probable hammer price. They couldn't tell, or didn't know, who left the various comments in the margins, and when I heard Stan say some were his and it was rare since he usually erased his comments, it seemed like good into to have to include in the auction. I'm sure that little detail added to the final hammer price.

He did look shocked at the 2-3M number, I would think he knows comic values better than the 1 of a kind poster, but when he just about immediately said he had no interest in selling I knew it was all about getting Metro and that poster on TV for some free advertising. Besides that I was wondering why Metro would need someone else to sell their stuff anyway.