• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Walking Dead review - NY Daily News

396 posts in this topic

A guess at what Jenner whispered to Rick hm

Click at your own risk!

Someone's having a baby..

Those who read the series should know who I am referring to.

Without a doubt that's what it was

I thought he was going to say it earlier when they were talking about the blood tests.

It would be awesome if it was an evil dead baby.

(thumbs u

The failure/destruction of high powered groups whose specialty is dealing with the crises that are their undoing, while the common man protagonist is able to continue on in his struggle, is a plot device that is exceedingly stale for me.

I did appreciate the additional character development for Shane, Lori, Dale and Andrea.

A guess at what Jenner whispered to Rick hm

Click at your own risk!

Someone's having a baby..

Those who read the series should know who I am referring to.

Without a doubt that's what it was

I thought he was going to say it earlier when they were talking about the blood tests.

It would be awesome if it was an evil dead baby.

(thumbs u

:eek:hm

The failure/destruction of high powered groups whose specialty is dealing with the crises that are their undoing, while the protagonist is able to continue on in his struggle, is a common plot device that is exceedingly stale for me.

I did appreciate the additional character development for Shane, Lori, Dale and Andrea.

The whole thing seems stale to me but practically all I hear is praise here. To me, this series has been horribly written. It isn't as bad as the Star Wars prequals, but it is close. To each his own. I made it through the first season and I'm probably done with it now. I watch very little tv and this show isn't worth the time and effort for me to schedule it in.

The failure/destruction of high powered groups whose specialty is dealing with the crises that are their undoing, while the protagonist is able to continue on in his struggle, is a common plot device that is exceedingly stale for me.

The whole thing seems stale to me but practically all I hear is praise here. To me, this series has been horribly written. It isn't as bad as the Star Wars prequals, but it is close. To each his own. I made it through the first season and I'm probably done with it now. I watch very little tv and this show isn't worth the time and effort for me to schedule it in.

I'm beginning to lose interest very quickly...and it does have to do with the horrible writing. I'll stick with Fringe.

Just release the idea that its supposed to be the same Tilt, and watch it as a new zombie show, never before seen.

This is what I'll try and do with season 2 because, frankly, this does not feel like Walking Dead at all :(

thankfully. religiously following the book would have been suicide. i love not quite knowing how things are gonna go.

My only nit-pick about the final episode was when Jenner admitted that after 200 days of studying the thing, he still had no idea whether it was fungal, viral, bacterial, etc.

Really? And you call yourself a scientist?

Oh, and the whole explosion sequence was a little far-fetched. The size of the explosion Jenner described would've taken out several city blocks, not just the CDC building. It would have killed our heroes who were parked on the street just outside. And even if it didn't, the heat shockwave generated by a blast that incinerates the air at 5,000 degrees surely would've...they were just too close.

Okay, so two nit-picks. :acclaim:

After the first season, I am underwhelmed with the show. I love zombies and I really like the Walking Dead comic book, but the show kind of reminds me of Jeremiah, another TV adaptation of a comic book I like that I just couldn't get into.

My only nit-pick about the final episode was when Jenner admitted that after 200 days of studying the thing, he still had no idea whether it was fungal, viral, bacterial, etc.

Really? And you call yourself a scientist?

Oh, and the whole explosion sequence was a little far-fetched. The size of the explosion Jenner described would've taken out several city blocks, not just the CDC building. It would have killed our heroes who were parked on the street just outside. And even if it didn't, the heat shockwave generated by a blast that incinerates the air at 5,000 degrees surely would've...they were just too close.

Okay, so two nit-picks. :acclaim:

I'll add a nitpick:

So Jenner is showing a video labeled MRI of TS19. At the end we see a bullet passing through her head? Good luck getting a gun close to someone in an active MRI, much less having the bullet go where directed.

Well, I finally got around to watching all of the 1st season and I enjoyed it. Looking forward to season 2.

I'm not sure why they aren't making more of an attempt to go out looking for more firearms though.

I just watched the entire first season a few nights ago. It was pretty good considering what’s out there. It’s not comparable to Heros season one, but it is what it is; an entrely different animal. It was posted that their budget per episode was 2-million. I find that hard to believe. Look what Battlestar Galactica did with story and effects for 3-million.

I was reading a little about season two. They’re outsourcing the writing. First, the Writers Guild will be jumping up and down screaming. Second, there could be issues with continuity or the feel of continuity as each writer will have their own style. If they stray too far from the comic storyline they may lose their original fan-base.

Zombie movies have been big for 43 years. Let’s see if AMC screws this up.

They’re outsourcing the writing. First, the Writers Guild will be jumping up and down screaming. Second, there could be issues with continuity or the feel of continuity as each writer will have their own style. If they stray too far from the comic storyline they may lose their original fan-base.

I don't know that the Writers Guild is all that upset. Shows are already required to produce two episodes per season by non-staff writers, and while there won't be a staff next season, I'm sure all the writers will be guild members.

As for continuity, all writers have their own style, whether they're on staff or not. It's the showrunner's job to maintain continuity.