• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Archie 1 and being robbed for $1500

125 posts in this topic

Sorry to hear about that, the guy is setting up for bad things.

Update on my story. Comic Link did send me the Archie 1 but it was missing the center fold. I returned it and am still waiting for the comiclink refund. In their defense, they only have $200 of my money while HW has $1500. I'm hoping comiclink does right and makes me whole at the expense of HW, we'll see. I imagine even if they have $1500+ in HW comics they need to tread carefully even if they want to support me on my behalf.

In a way I feel sorry for the guy. Not really pulling off major $$$ scams, just taking money and ignoring the future with no regard.

Ed

Holden Wong tried to make a trade with me. After 2 weeks of negotiations we settled on an agreement.

My Archie #1 for a Showcase #22 CGC 6.5 and some cash.

He disappeared off the face of the earth when I asked him to send the cash to start the deal.

The guy is a piece of dirt, it seems.

Is that the SC22 we were talking about a few weeks ago Roy?

Update on my story. Comic Link did send me the Archie 1 but it was missing the center fold. I returned it and am still waiting for the comiclink refund. In their defense, they only have $200 of my money while HW has $1500. I'm hoping comiclink does right and makes me whole at the expense of HW, we'll see. I imagine even if they have $1500+ in HW comics they need to tread carefully even if they want to support me on my behalf.

In a way I feel sorry for the guy. Not really pulling off major $$$ scams, just taking money and ignoring the future with no regard.

Ed

Wow Ed, this is really tough. Comiclink is supposed to protect buyers from this sort of thing. What are they doing if they aren't checking the grades on the $1000+ books that go through them?

And then the whole complication of Comiclink not having the money in escrow until everyone is happy. It's all a really bad show that I'm sure Josh is seriously regretting right now.

Someone's been taken by Holden, and it's up to Josh whether it is him or you. Yikes.

Actually in Clink's defense, they were not the ones who received the $1500, Ed initially chose to go around them, they only got $200.

However, I do agree that they need to count pages... :tonofbricks:

Yes, I sent Holden the $1500. I would consider comiclink going above and beyond if they make me whole. I do believe it is in their power to do so, and I actually believe they will. Just unfortunate the Archie 1 wasn't complete.

Ed

Ed

Wow Ed, this is really tough. Comiclink is supposed to protect buyers from this sort of thing. What are they doing if they aren't checking the grades on the $1000+ books that go through them?

And then the whole complication of Comiclink not having the money in escrow until everyone is happy. It's all a really bad show that I'm sure Josh is seriously regretting right now.

Someone's been taken by Holden, and it's up to Josh whether it is him or you. Yikes.

I agree. CL is the escrow and should protect buyers and sellers. Ed is the victim here. Ed has done his obligation and they should have been more careful in inspecting the comic. CL can still right off the loss as capital loss and have the matter resolved.

Yep! (thumbs u

Nice to hear from you Mike. :hi:

Ed

Holden Wong tried to make a trade with me. After 2 weeks of negotiations we settled on an agreement.

My Archie #1 for a Showcase #22 CGC 6.5 and some cash.

He disappeared off the face of the earth when I asked him to send the cash to start the deal.

The guy is a piece of dirt, it seems.

Is that the SC22 we were talking about a few weeks ago Roy?

Yes it is. (thumbs u

The one thing I hope that comiclink does not do is give the book back to Wong (or whoever he is) unless he pays up the $1500 first. One thing no one should ever do (unless you know the person well or are friends ect..) is to send a check or M/O for a purchase.

One thing you could try is file a fraud complaint with either the bank or the place the M/O was issued. Just a year and a half ago someone had got into my account and stole thousands while I was in Europe. There was a possibility that my signature was even forged. I eventually filed a complaint with the bank and they took it upon themselves to refund me while they pursued the culprit within legal means. I don't know the outcome of that but at least I got my money back.

Of course you could take the direct route too and just go to Montreal.... and retrieve your money by other means (hint hint). Im sure Wong would would be surprised with a visit.

Double fascinating! First, Holden The Scammmer (it's hard to make an honest buck), now CLink overlooking a missing centerfold! Woah. CLink really has to be ontop of these types of things to ensure their good reputation. And so far as Holden, eBay: mtlhockeyfan514, well he's all but devastated his own reputation, though he seems like he doesn't care. All he cares about is purveying his fraud for his own financial betterment (at the expanse of honest collectors). It's also weird how CLink has gotten themselves inadvertently mixed up in an eBay transaction. I hope they know now to blacklist Mr. Wong from future business dealings (at least I would hope so, in order to protect their clientele).

Well this guy on Ebay, won an auction from me about 3 months ago for a Pep # 26 for around $1,000. He wanted me to send the book to him first. I told him I wouldnt do that and he was getting upset. I was about to file a non paying complaint with Ebay when he sent payment about 2 weeks later. ( An e-check which took another week to clear). At that time I was working on a deal to sell him a very brittle and torn up copy of a Pep # 22 that my friend owned and I talked to him on the phone and he sounded like a very nice guy. Was even willing to fly to NY to get the book. My friend sent the book and he said he never got it. He even sent my friend a $500 deposit for my friend to send the book. As per the USPS book got held up in customs. My friend got the book back and he got his deposit back. But he told me his name was Jason! :o

HOLDEN is an extremely charismatic fellow. He's a confidence man for sure. Model/actor by day... Explains a lot doesn't it?

Yeah, it all started out on the up and up and then got flakey to the point of obvious theft.

It was a money order I sent so no chance to cancel the check.

I work at the bank so they'll help me track it down - at least the paperwork part.

I'm not overly pissed about it where I'm going to drive to Canada tomorrow, but just like the have things made right all around. I'm sure the guy has a sense of entitlement or simply lacks money and now can't pay it back.

I don't know his CGC ID name, oversight on my part.

Weird part is he does seem a serious collector of sorts but so are a lot of fraudsters.

Kind of a shame not to be able to marry up the Archie 1 too. It's not the books fault though.

He's a flipper extraordinaire. I wouldn't say "collector".

Holden Wong phoned me a few days ago and explained to me that he was away all month and that he had no internet connection in this foreign land he was in. In my military training we must take a mans word as truth as lives depend on it. So i have taken his words as truth and moved on. I will let the rest of you to make your own judgments.

He then admitted his mistake of no communication for 28 days after cashing my check and also that CL was holding the card i had bought from him and that they are slow to get it back to him.So he wanted to send me another card to complete the transaction.

We agreed on a price and he sent the card and a money back to me the next day. He sent it Xpresspost and texted me the tracking code and kept in good communication during.

The card showed up as well as the money order. I consider this transaction now complete and hold nothing against Holden Wong.

Everyone knows how to protect their transactions, sometimes we drop our guard as i did. This is my lesson.

To those that offered assistance with this situation I thank you, for those that shared my experience I hope you receive resolution, for those that made childish comments, grow up and when the grown ups have something to discuss stay out of it.

I joined this message board only to find information pertaining to my experience. I will check only my PM going forward for a few more days if there are someone who needs my help with their situation.