• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Willing to pay for GPA help on 1 comic

40 posts in this topic

I need the GPA data for just 1 book. I've seen people post here in Comics General asking for the information and get ripped for not buying the subscription themselves.

So I'll do something different and send a dollar through PayPal to the person who helps me for a minute of their time. (thumbs u

If your willing to look up the 1 book for me and "copy & paste" that into an e-mail or PM let me know. (I just need to see the main page, like the sample page Heritage lets you view for their CGC auctions.)

Send me a PM and I'll tell you which book I need the info on. Thanks.

Thank you to "faster friends" for hooking me up with the data I wanted! ^^

Also, thank you to "Ramses717" and "TheWatcher" for also responding!

This kindof feels like a sales thread, so thread closed??? lol

I need the GPA data for just 1 book. I've seen people post here in Comics General asking for the information and get ripped for not buying the subscription themselves.

So I'll do something different and send a dollar through PayPal to the person who helps me for a minute of their time. (thumbs u

If your willing to look up the 1 book for me and "copy & paste" that into an e-mail or PM let me know. (I just need to see the main page, like the sample page Heritage lets you view for their CGC auctions.)

Why are you paying people for information that is not theirs to sell....? Why don't you send George a PM with your offer, since it IS his to sell...?

I wish George could offer this service. A pay as you go option. Every few months I might want to know GPA on a book or two, but I really don't want to subscribe for a month.

Hopefully someday this could be offered. :wishluck:

I wish George could offer this service. A pay as you go option. Every few months I might want to know GPA on a book or two, but I really don't want to subscribe for a month.

Well it appears it is available now and how can George possibly compete with those offering it and their low overhead?

Maybe if they gave a strike here for everyone who posts a thread asking for the "free" service it would be just the incentive for those sitting on the fence as to whether the subscription is worth it. hm

Why are you paying people for information that is not theirs to sell....? Why don't you send George a PM with your offer, since it IS his to sell...?

Now there's an idea...

Well it appears it is available now and how can George possibly compete with those offering it and their low overhead?

Maybe if they gave a strike here for everyone who posts a thread asking for the "free" service it would be just the incentive for those sitting on the fence as to whether the subscription is worth it. hm

Why would they give a strike. George has said already he does not mind the occasional assist. It has all but stopped anyway. Very rarely is there a request for GPA help anymore.

I think the peer pressure has gotten to everyone. On a different note. Everyone should subscribe. I rarely use it but it's nice to have when needed. I don't even notice the cost as It comes right out of my checking acct. Heck, I spend more for my sons World of Warcraft sub...

Why would they give a strike?

I agree. In order to be consistent ( lol ) , they would have to give strikes for Overstreet requests as well. Of course, that will never happen. Isn't there a thread here with people complaining because they can't access the guide for free?

I think George has a great service, and the fact that he's been gracious in his responses towards people trying to get an assist (which is a really nice way of saying it's ok to ask for a freebie every once in a while) speaks volumes to how nice a person he is.

I'm not a subscriber, but one of the things that I would like to see happen as GPA's relevance gains more and more of a foothold as a valuation service, is a feature which would allow subscribers to take a snapshot, complete with 90/60/30, highs/lows, and graphs, and provide an html code a lot like photobucket does, and which would allow that data to be shared at point of sale.

I can't tell you how frustrating (bordering annoying) when, call it intellectual laziness or deliberate dishonesty, is used to quote GPA for the sake of getting a better deal. If it's asked of me, I usually ask for as complete a picture of sales even before considering the request. The only way I could catch misuses without a membership is with my steel trap memory of past auctions, and on books with an infrequent track record of sales. With age, the memory is starting to give, and it stands to reason that I really shouldn't have to think that hard in cases where GPA is used as a way to ask me to sell something at a discount.

If an embed code were available to GPA subscribers, which could be inserted in a marketplace post, eBay auction, PM or email, I think it's a win-win, because more people would ask "what's GPA" (good PR) and some of the misuses of GPA could be better kept in check.

2c

Perhaps if he had more subscribers, he could afford to implement all those changes.

However, why would he want the information published on eBay, the boards or wherever? Instead of subscribing, I could just search the boards or eBay for the issue I needed and get the pricing information instead of paying for a subscription.

We've been saying this for years. Would be great if he could do it.

I think he's said there are issues with this format that make it tough to do.

Perhaps if he had more subscribers, he could afford to implement all those changes.

However, why would he want the information published on eBay, the boards or wherever? Instead of subscribing, I could just search the boards or eBay for the issue I needed and get the pricing information instead of paying for a subscription.

I can't speak on costs to implement, but a snapshot of a specific issue, being auctioned/sold, is what's being suggested. Nothing is being given away, except the specific information, for that specific issue, on past sales data. I don't understand how this devalues the service, or gives anything away, in the context of GPA being used a buying/selling tool.