• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone know "Genuinecomics" on Ebay?Possible scam?

56 posts in this topic

ARE YOU KIDDING ME, THAT'S HOW THE PICS WERE TAKEN, THE BOOK LAYS THAT WAY....FIRST OFF, BOTH BOOKS ARE SOLD, I HAVE A BUYER COMING IN PERSON FROM NEW YORK, I AM IN NEW JERSEY, TO LOOK AT THEM AT 6PM TODAY, EASTERN TIME..HE IS BRINGING A CASHIERS CHECK, AND IF LIKES WHAT HE "SEE'S" , BOTH AUCTION WILL BE REMOVED......SECOND, I GOT BACK TWO DAYS AGO FROM CALIFORNIA, AS I WAS UNABLE TO POST YOUR PICS...PEOPLE LIKE YOU JUST WANT TO SCAM A GOOD PRICE AND DEAL FROM SELLERS LIKE US....MY FEEDBACK IS 100%, HOW DARE YOU ACUSE ME OF SCAMMING...UNBELIEVABLE....I KNOW YOUR BEING CAUTIOUS, BY GIVE ME A BREAK PAL..ANYWAY, SORRY YOU DIDN'T WIN THE BOOKS... I WILL BE PUTTING MORE UP FOR AUCTION AND I AM BLOCKING YOU FROM BIDDING ON ALL MY AUCTIONS PAL, GO FIND ANOTHER PERSON TO SCAM PRICE'S...

doh!

Yea..i'm out scamming prices?Your just BUSTED again!

I remember starting that other thread...so long ago.

Amazing!

Hey Folks..

Does anyone know who this seller (genuinecomics) is,or ever do any business with?

They have an AF15 and FF1 on Ebay with Buy it/Best offer.

I sent offers,and requests for more pictures.They then tried to send me a Paypal "Money Request" to do the deal outside ebay for both books.

I insisted on more pictures,with both books together,ect...and refused the "Money request"...since then,my offers have expired,and they haven't sent any pictures.

Does the "writing" on the AF15 look like it's "photoshopped" in? Trying to mask a book.And it almost looks like the AF15 back picture is of a slabbed book?

They also say they sold another AF15,but the listing shows it never sold.

Something just doesn't add up....Right?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200538300518&ssPageName=STRK:MEBOFFX:IT

http://cgi.ebay.com/AMAZING-FANTASY-15-GREAT-COPY-/200539048994?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2eb10f0c22

to be honest, even without the seller coming here, you should be able to see that this auction is not right. And from reading the other links on this thread, it seems as if this happened to you before- until you get a more solid feel for all the cons/scams on ebay, you might want to stick with the larger, more trusted sellers (for your wallets sake)

Yep..if there's even a suspicion of anything dodgy and the seller isn't established, leave it. If you're an experienced ebayer and you fall for something like this, shame on you.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME, THAT'S HOW THE PICS WERE TAKEN, THE BOOK LAYS THAT WAY....FIRST OFF, BOTH BOOKS ARE SOLD, I HAVE A BUYER COMING IN PERSON FROM NEW YORK, I AM IN NEW JERSEY, TO LOOK AT THEM AT 6PM TODAY, EASTERN TIME..HE IS BRINGING A CASHIERS CHECK, AND IF LIKES WHAT HE "SEE'S" , BOTH AUCTION WILL BE REMOVED......SECOND, I GOT BACK TWO DAYS AGO FROM CALIFORNIA, AS I WAS UNABLE TO POST YOUR PICS...PEOPLE LIKE YOU JUST WANT TO SCAM A GOOD PRICE AND DEAL FROM SELLERS LIKE US....MY FEEDBACK IS 100%, HOW DARE YOU ACUSE ME OF SCAMMING...UNBELIEVABLE....I KNOW YOUR BEING CAUTIOUS, BY GIVE ME A BREAK PAL..ANYWAY, SORRY YOU DIDN'T WIN THE BOOKS... I WILL BE PUTTING MORE UP FOR AUCTION AND I AM BLOCKING YOU FROM BIDDING ON ALL MY AUCTIONS PAL, GO FIND ANOTHER PERSON TO SCAM PRICE'S...

Can you block me, too? eBay ID is gwentleaf :wishluck:

I'd hate to accidentally give you even the steam off my . (thumbs u

Hey Folks..

Does anyone know who this seller (genuinecomics) is,or ever do any business with?

I sent offers,and requests for more pictures.They then tried to send me a Paypal "Money Request" to do the deal outside ebay for both books.

I insisted on more pictures,with both books together,ect...and refused the "Money request"...since then,my offers have expired,and they haven't sent any pictures.

Does the "writing" on the AF15 look like it's "photoshopped" in? Trying to mask a book.And it almost looks like the AF15 back picture is of a slabbed book?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200538300518&ssPageName=STRK:MEBOFFX:IT

http://cgi.ebay.com/AMAZING-FANTASY-15-GREAT-COPY-/200539048994?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2eb10f0c22

to be honest, even without the seller coming here, you should be able to see that this auction is not right. And from reading the other links on this thread, it seems as if this happened to you before- until you get a more solid feel for all the cons/scams on ebay, you might want to stick with the larger, more trusted sellers (for your wallets sake)

Yep..if there's even a suspicion of anything dodgy and the seller isn't established, leave it. If you're an experienced ebayer and you fall for something like this, shame on you.

Trust me,it's not about me getting scammed.

It's me MESSING with the scammers.

I started this thread,just like the other AF15 thread about "Worldofcomics1" to WARN the boardies,not because i'm a dumb .

I'm pretty active in the Ebay Fail thread,and yes,i have had to out a few scammers for BS,but Paypal covers everything.So I'm not out anything....

This was more of a PSA than anything... 2c

You are a scammer. Plain and simple

Hey Folks..

Trust me,it's not about me getting scammed.

It's me MESSING with the scammers.

I started this thread,just like the other AF15 thread about "Worldofcomics1" to WARN the boardies,not because i'm a dumb .

I'm pretty active in the Ebay Fail thread,and yes,i have had to out a few scammers for BS,but Paypal covers everything.So I'm not out anything....

This was more of a PSA than anything... 2c

It appears you have come a long way, young padawan. :foryou:

doh!

Yea..i'm out scamming prices?Your just BUSTED again!

I remember starting that other thread...so long ago.

Amazing!

At least he still thinks you're his "PAL"

Can you block me, too? eBay ID is gwentleaf :wishluck:

I'd hate to accidentally give you even the steam off my . (thumbs u

:D

Fail.

Fail.

As my kids say...EPIC FAIL! lol

i love when people call other people "pal"! it takes me back to james cagney movies haha

It always reminds me of Terrance & Philip from South Park...

"Don't call me pal, buddy."

"Don't call me buddy, guy."

"Don't call me guy, pal."

Repeat...